Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Two23's message #14079344 « eBay Scam »

Two23
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: eBay Scam

I've bought many, many items over the years from ebay without a problem. Mostly I buy historical camera gear, but some of those pre-1860 lenses can get expensive in a hurry! I tend to only buy from people who have a fairly long history of buying & selling photo gear and are knowledgeable about it. Last fall I did buy a Nikon 70-300mm lens that was advertised as having VR. When it arrived, it was the model without. Seller was apologetic and gave immediate refund. Same for a D5300 I bought last summer that did not work--very fast apology and refund. I think the key is to stick to sellers with an excellent track record selling camera gear. I even buy a few moderately expensive things from a regular seller in Slovenia, and got a great deal on a very early Rolleiflex. My last ebay purchase was a very nice Kodak Bantam Special (1938) which came from a Texas thrift store. They had no clue what the camera was, had very poor photos, but had an excellent feedback rating. I ended up with a very nice camera for half what they've been selling for.

Kent in SD

Jun 19, 2017 at 10:45 PM

Previous versions of Two23's message #14079344 « eBay Scam »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.