Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Mr Mouse's message #14078596 « If you were creating a great photo computer, what would it be? »

Mr Mouse
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: If you were creating a great photo computer, what would it be?

danski0224 wrote:

So while I may have a plain jane workstation by current standards, it will take something close to a bleeding edge build to better it for Adobe product use- something that will run at over 4GHz and have 128gb RAM.

I'll never have a bleeding Edge Computer they simply cost too much for what you get and in a years time their technology will drop in price. I also no longer build PC. I can buy a refurbished workstation with service, installed legal software and it will be delivered to me in working order for less that I can build one if I consider the research time I need to do for components the build time the install time and I have to do all the maintenance. For 2K I can get a workstation delivered that will handle what I do well.

What I do does nor require Bleeding Edge

I Photoshop or ACR was specifically written to stitch I woul be willing to bet they would do it better then they do stitching now.

I also just tested ACR 9.10.1 Had it stitch 13 5MP jpeg file Tool little time all 24 threads showed some utilization not much and I'm sure the AutoPandGiga would do a better job

Jun 19, 2017 at 11:24 AM
Mr Mouse

danski0224 wrote:

So while I may have a plain jane workstation by current standards, it will take something close to a bleeding edge build to better it for Adobe product use- something that will run at over 4GHz and have 128gb RAM.

I'll never have a bleeding Edge Computer they simply cost too much for what you get and in a years time their technology will drop in price. I also no longer build PC. I can buy a refurbished workstation with service, installed legal software and it will be delivered to me in working order for less that I can build one if I consider the research time I need to do for components the build time the install time and I have to do all the maintenance. For 2K I can get a workstation delivered that will handle what I do well.

I Photoshop or ACR was specifically written to stitch I woul be willing to bet they would do it better then they do stitching now.

Jun 19, 2017 at 11:05 AM
Mr Mouse

danski0224 wrote:

Jun 19, 2017 at 11:00 AM
Mr Mouse

danski0224 wrote:

Jun 19, 2017 at 10:57 AM

Previous versions of Mr Mouse's message #14078596 « If you were creating a great photo computer, what would it be? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.