Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of rbf_'s message #14070201 « New iMac's, iMac 27 5k, iMac Pro 27 5k, Macbooks and thunderbolt 3 eGPU enclosure »

rbf_
Upload & Sell: On
New iMac 27 5k, iMac Pro 27 5k and thunderbolt 3 eGPU enclosure

PrecisionPhoto wrote:
rbf_ wrote:
PrecisionPhoto wrote:
rbf_ wrote:
PrecisionPhoto wrote:
When I get the 2015 I'll just drop the 2TB I have in to it

If you have a 2010 I think it's a SATA drive and the newer faster ones are PCIe. You can check right now by looking in the system report of your computer. You'll be able to use as a thunderbolt drive though. If OWC makes one of the case extensions for 2013-2015 models then you be able to put it in that too.

Guess I can't use it in the 2015 what PCIe would you get with maximum capacity?
Thanks for saving me $$$

I think the max capacity they made in 2015 model was 1TB I saw some on ebay going for around $2k for lightly used the other day.

Ouch
To be clear I can't use a SATA in the 2015 models?
I really need an internal 2TB+, 2K for only a 1TB is nuts
Thanks

Then I'd look at 2016's or buy a 2015 with 256GB and swap it to a 2TB Apple SSD. I haven't done that though so I don't know how hard it is. OWC sells Apple compatible more affordable PCIe upgrade kits I'm not sure if they have a 2TB model yet they make them on their own.

It really sounds like you're better off get a 2016/2017 model with 2TB and then waiting for the case expansion to come out to me.

Jun 11, 2017 at 03:00 PM

Previous versions of rbf_'s message #14070201 « New iMac's, iMac 27 5k, iMac Pro 27 5k, Macbooks and thunderbolt 3 eGPU enclosure »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.