Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Dj R's message #14058672 « Nikon E Lens - what do you want & expect next? (1.4 glass, etc) »

Dj R
Upload & Sell: On
Nikon E FL Lens Series - what do you want & expect next? (1.4 glass, etc)

The 24/35/50/85 1.4 primes were not designed for 36+ megapixel bodies. Which is why many have shifted to Sigma Art glass.

After receiving the Nikon 105mm f1.4 E and seeing how sharp it is, even on my D810, it was clear to me that Nikon would be focused on upgrading the performance on their professional primes.
Obviously, now with the D850, boom, we need updates even more.

The 70-200E, same thing, as the 105 1.4E it is AMAZING.
And then Nikon gave us the 28mm f1.4 E. Another incredible tool.

What we are seeing from the E glass is the sharpness of the Sigma Art, but with the character that we know and love from pro Nikkor glass. They will shine on the D850 and it's 46MP.

---

What do I think?

My prediction is something that you may not have thought about....
The Nikon 50mm f1.4 G is long in the tooth and ready for a gold ring and a letter E stamp.
Therefore, I think it would be a slam dunk for Nikon to bust out with a 50mm f1.4 E.

We were not expecting them to give us a new 105 1.4 E. We were not expecting them to give us a 28 1.4 E. So I bet they will follow that program.
Furthermore, neither Nikon or Canon has a SURE THING 50mm pro prime.
Think about that, Canon and Nikon make four 50/58mm 1.2 and 1.4 lenses, ALL four are polarizing lenses, meaning they have a cult like following and the rest of the folks think they stink.
Come out with a rockin' 50mm 1.4 E that is sharp and has dreamy bokeh, it could be another item that would attract a lot of Canon shooters.

I could say 85 1.4E, but it's too close to the 105. Meaning, they would sell MORE glass if they had more spacing in between the E primes, eg 28 50 105

And look,
28 1.4 E
50 1.4 E
105 1.4 E or 70-200 E
Not a bad idea right?

Nice, updated, three lens portrait kit. Perfect for portrait and wedding shooters.
You just want to roll with one lens? 50mm on FF is where it's at!

For me, I expect the 50mm to be the next prime added. What do I want? I would say the 85 1.4.

What do you THINK the next E/FL lens announcement will be?
What do you WANT the next E/FL lens announcement will be?

Sep 25, 2017 at 11:41 AM
Dj R

The 24/35/50/85 1.4 primes were not designed for 36+ megapixel bodies. Which is why many have shifted to Sigma Art glass.

After receiving the Nikon 105mm f1.4 E and seeing how sharp it is, even on my D810, it was clear to me that Nikon would be focused on upgrading the performance on their professional primes.
Obviously, now with the D850, boom, we need updates even more.

The 70-200E, same thing, as the 105 1.4E it is AMAZING.
And then Nikon gave us the 28mm f1.4 E. Another incredible tool.

What we are seeing from the E glass is the sharpness of the Sigma Art, but with the character that we know and love from pro Nikkor glass. They will shine on the D850 and it's 46MP.

---

What do I think?

The Nikon 50mm f1.4 G is long in the tooth and ready for a gold ring and a letter E stamp.
Therefore, I think it would be a slam dunk for Nikon to bust out with a 50mm f1.4 E.

We were not expecting them to give us a new 105 1.4 E. We were not expecting them to give us a 28 1.4 E. So I bet they will follow that program.
Think about that, Canon and Nikon make four 50/58mm 1.2 and 1.4 lenses, ALL four are polarizing lenses, meaning they have a cult like following and the rest of the folks think they stink.
Come out with a rockin' 50mm 1.4 E that is sharp and has dreamy bokeh, it could be another item that would attract a lot of Canon shooters.

I could say 85 1.4E, but it's too close to the 105. Meaning, they would sell MORE glass if they had more spacing in between the E primes, eg 28 50 105

And look,
28 1.4 E
50 1.4 E
105 1.4 E or 70-200 E
Not a bad idea right?

Nice, updated, three lens portrait kit. Perfect for portrait and wedding shooters.

For me, I expect the 50mm to be the next prime added. What do I want? I would say the 85 1.4.

What do you think the next 1.4 E prime will be?
What do WANT the next 1.4 E prime to be?

Sep 25, 2017 at 11:40 AM
Dj R

The 70-200E, same thing. AMAZING.

Now we have the 28mm f1.4 E. Another incredible tool.

---

What do I think?

28 1.4 E
50 1.4 E
105 1.4 E or 70-200 E
Not a bad idea right?

Sep 24, 2017 at 10:23 AM
Dj R

The 24/35/50/85 1.4 primes were not designed for 36mp bodies. Which is why many have shifted to Sigma Art glass.

---

What do I think?

28 1.4 E
50 1.4 E
105 1.4 E or 70-200 E
Not a bad idea right?

Sep 08, 2017 at 07:22 AM
Dj R
Nikon E Lens Series - what do you want and expect next? (1.4 glass, etc)

The 24/35/50/85 1.4 primes were not designed for 36mp bodies. Which is why many have shifted to Sigma Art glass.

---

What do I think?

28 1.4 E
50 1.4 E
105 1.4 E or 70-200 E
Not a bad idea right?

Sep 08, 2017 at 07:22 AM
Dj R
Nikon f1.4 E primes - what do you want and expect next?

---

What do I think?

28 1.4 E
50 1.4 E
105 1.4 E or 70-200 E
Not a bad idea right?

Sep 01, 2017 at 01:57 PM
Dj R

Now we have the 28mm f1.4 E. Another amazing tool!

What we are seeing with the E glass is the sharpness of the Sigma Art, but with the character that we know and love from pro Nikkor glass.

---

What do I think?

28 1.4 E
50 1.4 E
105 1.4 E or 70-200 E
Not a bad idea right?

Sep 01, 2017 at 01:56 PM
Dj R

Now we have the soon to be released 28mm f1.4 E. Arrives here in the USA late June.
They won't be cheap, but I welcome these new lenses. The sharpness of the Sigma Art, but with the Nikkor 1.4 character that we know and love.

28 1.4 E
50 1.4 E
105 1.4 E
Not a bad idea right?

Sep 01, 2017 at 01:54 PM
Dj R

Now we have the soon to be released 28mm f1.4 E. Arrives here in the USA late June.
They won't be cheap, but I welcome these new lenses. The sharpness of the Sigma Art, but with the Nikkor 1.4 character that we know and love.

The Nikon 50mm f1.4 G is a horrible lens and it's long in the tooth!

We were not expecting them to give us a new 105 1.4 E. We were not expecting them to give us a 28 1.4 E. So I bet they will follow that program. Furthermore, neither Nikon or Canon has a SURE THING 50mm pro prime.
It could attract a lot of Canon shooters. The 50L is a great lens, but it's just like the 58. Cult-like support.

28 1.4 E
50 1.4 E
105 1.4 E
Not a bad idea right?

Jun 01, 2017 at 11:55 AM

Previous versions of Dj R's message #14058672 « Nikon E Lens - what do you want & expect next? (1.4 glass, etc) »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.