Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of fhammond's message #14055900 « A9, anyone? »

fhammond
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: A9, anyone?

WillWeaverRVA wrote:
I personally feel like the 5D Mark IV is a better value for the money, but I can say I've been impressed with what I've seen from the A9 so far (I really wish I could afford one, hah). I want to see more real-world samples before I make any further judgments, though.

I would agree that the 5D4 is better value for money. For the price of an A9, you can buy a 5D4 and a couple of lenses. The 5D4 is an amazingly well-rounded camera that's great at most things, fantastic at a few things, and just ok for a handful of things that probably aren't important to most people. It's not as wiz-bang as the A9 and doesn't have the A9's hype but I think it's a more solid and polished product than the A9.

For me, the lower bitrate video option, small size, and higher frame rate/AF speed of the A9 won me over. I'd also confess that probably 50% of my reason for purchasing was curiosity about the Sony platform and to see if the hype was justified; I bought the sizzle. In one way the hype isn't justified - for a second camera, the 5D4 is a better choice - but for a mini-1DX2/D5, it's an impressive competitor that's got some compelling over cameras that are $1500 more expensive.

May 30, 2017 at 10:23 AM

Previous versions of fhammond's message #14055900 « A9, anyone? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.