Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of molson's message #14040312 « Pre-order Now! Sony FE 16-35/2.8 GM and FE 12-24/4 G »

molson
Upload & Sell: On
Re: FE 16-35 f/2.8 & FE 12-24 f/4 Announcement Today???

AGeoJO wrote:
molson wrote:
chez wrote:
The 12-24 looks very interesting. It's size seems smaller than the Sigma. Might make a great lens for travel. Need to wait for images to justify the price.

It doesn't take filters, though - so it's of little use to me for landscape photography with no way to attach a polarizer.

I used to think that way also but lately, I have put more and more "digital" filters into works. Frankly, I don't remember the last time I used a physical filter on my lens. Of course, I fully realize that your or everybody's need will vary widely. I am speaking only about mine in this case.

No such thing as a digital polarizer, unfortunately.

Aside from that, it looks like an interesting lens.

May 17, 2017 at 04:46 PM
molson
Upload & Sell: On
Re: FE 16-35 f/2.8 & FE 12-24 f/4 Announcement Today???

AGeoJO wrote:
molson wrote:
chez wrote:
The 12-24 looks very interesting. It's size seems smaller than the Sigma. Might make a great lens for travel. Need to wait for images to justify the price.

It doesn't take filters, though - so it's of little use to me for landscape photography with no way to attach a polarizer.

I used to think that way also but lately, I have put more and more "digital" filters into works. Frankly, I don't remember the last time I used a physical filter on my lens. Of course, I fully realize that your or everybody's need will vary widely. I am speaking only about mine in this case.

No such thing as a digital polarizer, unfortunately.

May 17, 2017 at 04:44 PM

Previous versions of molson's message #14040312 « Pre-order Now! Sony FE 16-35/2.8 GM and FE 12-24/4 G »