Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of TeamSpeed's message #14008067 « Next camera: 1Dx / 5D mark IV | Decision made! »

TeamSpeed
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: My next Canon camera: 1Dx mark II or 5D mark IV

The EVF is a 3.7K 100+fps pixel screen, these EVF are almost to the point it seems like you are seeing the scene optically.

Here is a review of that EVF:

The new EVF on the A9 is also fantastic. The A7R II, which I had by my side, already has a great-looking EVF, but the one on the A9 has an even higher resolution 3686k-dot screen, making for an even better user experience. One of the big features about the Sony A9 is the blackout-free shooting experience. In both the EVF, and on the LCD, the camera does not blackout between frames when continuously shooting with the electronic shutter.

In normal single-shot or mechanical shutter shooting modes, the EVF's refresh rate is set at 120fps, making it easy to follow moving subjects. When using the blackout-free electronic shutter-based continuous shooting mode, the viewfinder frame rate is pegged at 60 fps. That's still plenty fast, and given the cool blackout-free operation, it feels very easy and very responsive to follow and track fast-moving subjects, as well as not miss decisive moments.

Apr 21, 2017 at 12:27 AM
TeamSpeed
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: My next Canon camera: 1Dx mark II or 5D mark IV

The EVF is a 3.7M 100+fps pixel screen, these EVF are almost to the point it seems like you are seeing the scene optically.

Here is a review of that EVF:

The new EVF on the A9 is also fantastic. The A7R II, which I had by my side, already has a great-looking EVF, but the one on the A9 has an even higher resolution 3686k-dot screen, making for an even better user experience. One of the big features about the Sony A9 is the blackout-free shooting experience. In both the EVF, and on the LCD, the camera does not blackout between frames when continuously shooting with the electronic shutter.

In normal single-shot or mechanical shutter shooting modes, the EVF's refresh rate is set at 120fps, making it easy to follow moving subjects. When using the blackout-free electronic shutter-based continuous shooting mode, the viewfinder frame rate is pegged at 60 fps. That's still plenty fast, and given the cool blackout-free operation, it feels very easy and very responsive to follow and track fast-moving subjects, as well as not miss decisive moments.

Apr 20, 2017 at 04:09 PM

Previous versions of TeamSpeed's message #14008067 « Next camera: 1Dx / 5D mark IV | Decision made! »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.