Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of ecarlino's message #13988574 « Reduced: Zeiss Batis 135mm f/2.8 APO ($1,899) »

ecarlino
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Pre-order: Zeiss Batis 135mm f/2.8 APO ($1,999)

GMPhotography wrote:
He is also a Zeiss ambassador or whatever you call these folks.

totally agree, which is why i tried to emphasize what i saw from his images, although i referenced his commentary (take that with a pound of salt)

he has a bunch of night shots where there are light bulbs (both in focus and out of focus) vs a pitch black sky that really show off this lens.

Also, ZERO onion rings, minimal cats eye (only at edges/corners), haven't seen any of the swirl i hated about the batis 85

in a lot of ways (it's still early), it's starting to feel a lot like it would be a great big-brother to my 50/1.4 (extremely clean colors and flat field) and then have the 85GM sit between for a bit smoother rendition.

....i'm still non-committal but i've put my Tenba Cooper 13 slim up for sale b/c i'm starting to get too many bigger lenses in the bag, just in case i need room for this one....

Apr 05, 2017 at 02:25 PM
ecarlino

GMPhotography wrote:

totally agree, which is why i tried to emphasize what i saw from his images, although i referenced his commentary (take that with a pound of salt)

he has a bunch of night shots where there are light bulbs (both in focus and out of focus) vs a pitch black sky and i've never seen anything like it.

Also, ZERO onion rings, minimal cats eye (only at edges/corners), haven't seen any of the swirl i hated about the batis 85

in a lot of ways (it's still early), it's starting to feel a lot like it would be a great big-brother to my 50/1.4 (extremely clean colors and flat field) and then have the 85GM sit between for a bit smoother rendition.

....i'm still non-committal but i've put my Tenba Cooper 13 slim up for sale b/c i'm starting to get too many bigger lenses in the bag, just in case i need room for this one....

Apr 05, 2017 at 02:08 PM
ecarlino

GMPhotography wrote:

he has a bunch of night shots where there are light bulbs (both in focus and out of focus) vs a pitch black sky and i've never seen anything like it.

ZERO onion rings, minimal cats eye (only at edges/corners), haven't seen any of the swirl i hated about the batis 85

Apr 05, 2017 at 01:59 PM
ecarlino

GMPhotography wrote:

ZERO onion rings, minimal cats eye (only at edges/corners), haven't seen any of the swirl i hated about the batis 85

....i'm still non-committal but i've put my Tenba Cooper 13 slim up for sale b/c i'm starting to get too many bigger lens in the bag, just in case i need room for this one....

Apr 05, 2017 at 01:59 PM
ecarlino

GMPhotography wrote:

Apr 05, 2017 at 01:47 PM

Previous versions of ecarlino's message #13988574 « Reduced: Zeiss Batis 135mm f/2.8 APO ($1,899) »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.