Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of GMPhotography's message #13972823 « Front-End Filter Improves Corner Smearing »

GMPhotography
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Front-End Filter Improves Corner Smearing

The ZM 25 is really nice now. Fred's after the 28mm. I'm betting with the PCX 2500 the 28 may come to life. I easily picked up 2 stops in the corners. If Fred gets one either I or he will test it with my PCX 2500 we both have a Hawk adapters we could test without taking any shims out. I just bought a Hawks for the 25 too. No matter what combination I try with the 25 I can't hit the hard stop. I either come up short or too long adjusting with shims. So lol dedicate a Hawks to it and finish the infinity adjustment.

DavidBM wrote:
GMPhotography wrote:
Fred Miranda wrote:
Guy, reversed look noticeably better, especially wide open.

Thanks Bud i will switch it back to reversed and I got infinity finally. One Gold from Rear and one bronze from front is right smack on the hard stop now. I may go run another test in 1/3rds of a stop in reverse mode.

In all honesty this is worlds better than with out it. I am freaking thrilled now and for everyone else I believe the PCX is the going to be the ticket on the 28 also.

Guy the PCX may well get the 28 to near native performance; but the lens itself is quite a bit less impressive than the 25 (despite being an easier to design FL - it's just an older design and one which prioritizes compactness over resolution)

Maybe it's worth messing with for the sunstars - there's currently no other 10 blade option at 28mm that I'm aware of - but we can't expect miracles here.

Mar 23, 2017 at 04:38 PM

Previous versions of GMPhotography's message #13972823 « Front-End Filter Improves Corner Smearing »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.