Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Matt Anderson's message #13889503 « Scotland - Ephemeral Light »

Matt Anderson
Upload & Sell: On
Scotland - Ephemeral Light

I spent two weeks in Scotland back in December. What a wonderful time of year to go. It was cold, moody, dramatic weather, and perpetual golden hour for most of the days. These two images represent some of the most ephemeral light conditions I experienced. Having no idea what to expect on this trip, I came away moved, changed, and recharged. I have a new appreciation for the UK Landscape, and what many treasures are to be had. Also, prior to the trip, I was quite fond of tequila. Well, I've now switched to scotch.

I've added a crop version of each image. I'm curious which you prefer..

Here's a rough time lapse of the ephemeral light changing so quickly.

Trotternish Ridge Light Description:
Also referred to as “The Quiraing” or “Cuith-Raing’” is a landslip on the eastern face of Meall na Suiramach, the northernmost summit of the Trotternish or Tṛndairnis (Scottish Gaelic) on the Isle of Skye, Scotland. Taken in dramatic December weather, the stormy ephemeral light opens and beams of short lived godrays radiate down over the spiked land formation called The Cleat, Loch Cleat, and Loch Leum na Luirginn below. The highest ridge to the right is called Dun Dubh, and the interesting craggy dinosaur back - shark fin formation on the lower right is called Cnoc a Mheirlich.

Lochan na h-Achlaise #1 Description:
9 vertical 70mm 36mp images stitched, resulting final file is 275mp.
Spectacular dramatic weather creates an amazing light show over the Mountains of Loch na h-Achlaise. The tranquil water of the loch reflects the distant mountains, islands of trees, and foreground rocks in perfect symmetry.
Lochan na h-Achlaise is a lake in Rannoch Moor - Scottish Highlands and is nearby to Black Mount, Achallader, and Stob a' Choire Odhair. Near Glencoe, it’s the gateway to the Scottish Highlands and not only produces some of the most dramatic scenery in the world, but also some of the most changeable weather. The four main peaks in this photo: Left: Meall Beag (475metres) Middle Left: Clac Leathad (1098 metres) Middle Right: Meall a Bhuiridh (1108 metres) Far Right in the Distance: Mamores Range

Jan 22, 2017 at 05:34 PM

Previous versions of Matt Anderson's message #13889503 « Scotland - Ephemeral Light »