Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Ruffo's message #13845044 « Canon Obsolete and Inferior Gear Image Thread »

Ruffo
Upload & Sell: Off
Canon Obsolete and Inferior Gear Image Thread

I thought it might be fun to see how far gear has advanced, how our expectations have risen and also to remind people that even though we might feel limited by our current gear, that is often the best time to get better with what we already own.

The Canon 10D was my first non-film body and I can remember thinking about just sticking with film until the new digital fad passed. Armed with 6 megapixels and the dust pumping, trombone style OLD 100-400, I was stubborn enough to keep trying to learn the digital way of doing things.

I can remember being jealous of Fred Miranda because he was using the 1Ds which had a massive 11 megapixels! If I remember correctly, it retailed for around $8,000.

May 16, 2017 at 07:36 PM
Ruffo
Upload & Sell: Off
Canon Obsolete and Inferior Gear Image Thread

I thought it might be fun to see how far gear has advanced, how our expectations have risen and also to remind people that even though we might feel limited by our current gear, that is often the best time to get better with what we already own.

The Canon 10D was my first non-film body and I can remember thinking about just sticking with film until the new digital fad passed. Armed with 6 megapixels and the dust pumping, trombone style OLD 100-400, I was stubborn enough to keep trying to learn the digital way of doing things.

I can remember being jealous of Fred Miranda because he was using the 1Ds which had a massive 11 megapixels! If I remember correctly, it retailed for around $8,000.

Dec 18, 2016 at 10:02 PM

Previous versions of Ruffo's message #13845044 « Canon Obsolete and Inferior Gear Image Thread »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.