Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of speedmaster20d's message #13835997 « Field review of the new Canon EOS-5D Mark IV »

speedmaster20d
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Field review of the new Canon EOS-5D Mark IV

Hi Dorian,

It seems to me that you are making things very difficult and convoluted for yourself. You have a fundamental problem, that is shooting small birds in a wild environment with a short lens (400mm) without being able to get close to your subject.

If you are after quality photographs you need to focus your efforts on how to get closer to your subjects, that means setting up blinds, shooting from a vehicle or signing up for workshops where blinds are setup and you can get close to your subject. Avian photography isn\'t like birding where you can make attractive photos of a bird from a quarter mile away. you need to get close enough, and at that point all of the \"reach\" arguments will be null.

I always tell this to folks, you need to get close to birds. Cropping and farming smaller pixels on a far bird isn\'t going to get you far. Some locations that are ideal for birding are just not going to work for quality photographs, I would just take a great pair binoculars and enjoy

good luck

Dec 12, 2016 at 08:00 AM
speedmaster20d

Hi Dorian,

It seems to me that you are making things very difficult and convoluted for yourself. You have a fundamental problem, that is shooting small birds in a wild environment with a short lens (400mm) without being able to get close to your subject.

If you are after quality photographs you need to focus your efforts on how to get closer to your subjects, that means setting up blinds, shooting from a vehicle or signing up for workshops where blinds are setup and you can get close to your subject. Avian photography isn\'t like birding where you can make attractive photos of a bird from a quarter mile away. you need to get close enough, and at that point all of the \"reach\" arguments will be null.

I always tell this to folks, you need to get close to birds. Cropping and farming smaller pixels on a far bird isn\'t going to get you far. Some locations that are ideal for birding are just not going to work for quality photographs, I would just take a great pair binoculars and enjoy

good luck

Dec 12, 2016 at 07:51 AM
speedmaster20d

Hi Dorian,

good luck

Dec 12, 2016 at 07:46 AM
speedmaster20d

Hi Dorian,

I always tell this to folks, you need to get close to birds. cropping and farming tiny pixels on a far bird isn\'t going to get you far. Some locations that are ideal for birding are just not going to work for quality photographs, I would just take a great pair binoculars and enjoy

good luck

Dec 12, 2016 at 07:44 AM
speedmaster20d

Hi Dorian,

I always tell this to folks, you need to get close to birds. cropping and farming tiny pixels on a far bird isn\'t going to get you far. Some locations that are ideal for birding are just not going to work for quality photographs, I would just take a great pair binoculars and enjoy

good luck

Dec 12, 2016 at 07:39 AM

Previous versions of speedmaster20d's message #13835997 « Field review of the new Canon EOS-5D Mark IV »