Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of chiron's message #13775361 « Batis 85 AND/OR Sony 50 macro AND/OR Sony 90 macro G OSS? »

chiron
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Batis 85 AND/OR Sony 50 macro AND/OR Sony 90 macro G OSS?

For portraits, I don\'t think you can beat the Batis 85, and it would make a nice suite with the 18, 25, and the 55. These lenses are so light and balance so nicely--even their chubbiness works to make them comfortable on smaller cameras.

The Sony 90 is surprisingly different from the Batis 85. It handles very differently and it does produce a wonderful macro or up close image. I bought both, though I had misgivings that they were so similar in focal length. But I do feel that I use them very differently.

The Sony 90, other than macro, often makes we want to go in very tight on a shot. One can always crop the Batis to get tight, but for me the Sony encourages me to think that way.

You have a lot of nice glass. I would try not to compromise at this point. My hunch is that the beautiful portraits can make of your family, on the street, and of others will be the shots you value the most and attempt to make the most often. And the Batis does go well with the 55mm, which you like a lot.

So, my vote would be first the Batis, then the 90 if/when you can.

Oct 22, 2016 at 09:39 PM

Previous versions of chiron's message #13775361 « Batis 85 AND/OR Sony 50 macro AND/OR Sony 90 macro G OSS? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.