Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of mogud's message #13766354 « 5d iv replacement for 5dsR? »

mogud
Upload & Sell: On
Re: 5d iv replacement for 5dsR?

Watched the video and while I respect the reviewer, I think he\'s trying to make the 5Dsr fit into his shooting style. Up until the release of the 50mpx bodies, Canon made generalist cameras. The exception has always been the 1-Series bodies.

I purchased my 5Dsr for landscapes and macro photography. The 5Dsr works perfectly for me. When I shoot macros, noise and high ISO doesn\'t come into play. Same with my landscape photography. If I need fast, high ISO, I use another body. With the 50mpx sensor, I don\'t need to stop the lens down to achieve sharp images because the sensor does that nicely. As a result, diffraction isn\'t a concern.

The need for monster computer systems to process large files seems to me to be somewhat overblown. Dustin sounds like his computer chuggs down to an almost painfull speed using Lr. I don\'t notice the slowdown at all and my system is 4+ years old as far as technology is concerned. I have no issue shooting handheld or with a tripod. I don\'t find the 5Dsr limiting shooting handheld.

IMHO, if you can\'t spring for the 1dx II and you need a capable all around camera with very good resolution, reasonable speed and capable AF, get the 5D IV. if you need or want the highest resolution get the 5Dsr.

Don\'t try and stick a round peg into a square hole and get annoyed because the peg is round.

Just sayin....

Oct 15, 2016 at 10:07 PM
mogud

Watched the video and while I respect the reviewer, I think he\'s trying to make the 5Dsr fit into his shooting style. Up until the release of the 50mpx bodies, Canon made generalist cameras. The exception has always been the 1-Series bodies.

I purchased my 5Dsr for landscapes and macro photography. The 5Dsr works perfectly for me. When I shoot macros, noise and high ISO doesn\'t come into play. Same with my landscape photography. If I need fast, high ISO, I use another body. With the 50mpx sensor, I don\'t need to stop the lens down to achieve sharp images because the sensor does that nicely. As a result, diffraction isn\'t a concern.

The need for monster computer systems to process large files seems to me to be somewhat overblown. Dustin sounds like his computer chuggs down to an almost painfull speed using Lr. I don\'t notice the slowdown at all and my system is 4+ years old as far as technology is concerned. I have no issue shooting handheld or with a tripod. I don\'t find the 5Dsr limiting atvall shooting handheld.

IMHO, if you can\'t spring for the 1dx II and you need a capable all around camera with very good resolution, reasonable speed and capable AF, get the 5D IV. if you need or want the highest resolution get the 5Dsr.

Don\'t try and stick a round peg into a square hole and get annoyed because the peg is round.

Just sayin....

Oct 15, 2016 at 10:04 PM
mogud

The need for monster computer systems to process large files seems to me to be somewhat overblown. Dustin sounds like his computer chuggs down to an almost painfull speed using Lr. I don\'t notice the slowdown at all and my ststem is about 4 years old as far as technology is concerned. I have no issue shooting handheld or with a tripod. I don\'t find the 5Dsr limiting atvall shooting handheld.

Just sayin....

Oct 15, 2016 at 09:54 PM

Previous versions of mogud's message #13766354 « 5d iv replacement for 5dsR? »