Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of HaruhikoT's message #13756457 « Front-End Filter Improves Corner Smearing »

HaruhikoT
Upload & Sell: Off
Front-End Filter Improves Corner Smearing

Update: I found 2.55mm should be fair value as A7\'s cover glass thickness in the simulation.

Lensrentals says a7R\'s Optical Thickness of the sensor stack is 2.55mm:
http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2014/06/sensor-stack-thickness-when-does-it-matter/
>The sensor optical measurements are made by Brian Caldwell and measure the optical equivalent as if the sensor stack was made of glass with a 1.52 refractile index.

Previously I set the value 1.8mm or 1.85mm, however some simulation results assuming exit pupil distance didn\'t match my field-test experience. So I changed that value to 2.55mm, eventually simulation results (e.g. spot diagrams) look so close to test samples.
I believe 2.55mm suits for all A7 series otherwise genuine FE lenses optimized for the stack must not work.

And this is my latest simulation results:
When you use Summilux-M 35mm ASPH on A7, f=4m PC filter will greatly help corner performance.

Also Kolari / Leica users will get better sharpness with f=8m PC!

Though Opto-sigma\'s lineup is up to 5m, I don\'t know where I can buy 8m PC .

Maybe ZM 1.4/35\'s optimal P-C is also 4m/8m, if its exit pupil distance is same as the LUX35.

Haruhiko

Oct 07, 2016 at 11:51 AM
HaruhikoT
Upload & Sell: Off
Front-End Filter Improves Corner Smearing

Update: I found 2.55mm should be fair value as A7\'s cover glass thickness in the simulation.

Lensrentals says a7R\'s Optical Thickness of the sensor stack is 2.55mm:
http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2014/06/sensor-stack-thickness-when-does-it-matter/
>The sensor optical measurements are made by Brian Caldwell and measure the optical equivalent as if the sensor stack was made of glass with a 1.52 refractile index.

Previously I set the value 1.8mm or 1.85mm, however some simulation results assuming exit pupil distance didn\'t match my field-test experience. So I changed that value to 2.55mm, eventually simulation results (e.g. spot diagrams) look so close to test samples.

And this is my latest simulation results:
When you use Summilux-M 35mm ASPH on A7, f=4m PC filter will greatly help corner performance.

Also for Kolari / Leica users will also gets better sharpness with f=8m PC!

Though Opto-sigma\'s lineup is up to 5m, I don\'t know where I can buy 8m PC .

Haruhiko

Oct 07, 2016 at 11:24 AM

Previous versions of HaruhikoT's message #13756457 « Front-End Filter Improves Corner Smearing »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.