Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of ecarlino's message #13754627 « Pre-order: Sony a6500 for $1,399! »

ecarlino
Upload & Sell: On
Re: A6500 and RX100 V?

The attitude on these threads is about as bewildering to me as when people start to go off on Sony for \"only\" making big, heavy, expensive lenses.

If you don\'t like it, move along.

How many times do people need to be told that their camera didn\'t all of a sudden start taking worse pictures because a new one was released?

Living in the burbs of Chicago (literally a photographic wasteland) I tend to be most active in photography during my Spring/Summer travels - and in the past 3yrs I\'ve owned 3 Sony cameras (a7r, a7ii, and the a7r2) and combined not lost much money in resales because i tend to buy when there\'s a sale or discount and sell while the item is still \'current\'. I bought the a7r2 from greentoe in Feb of this year and sold it last month and it only cost me $125 (incl the shipping/fees i paid to sell) to own it for the year and to capture about 500 keepers (out of perhaps 7,500 shots) that i\'ll enjoy for a lifetime.

Frankly, the rapid pace of new releases is fantastic for prudent owners because owning the \'last\' generation can probably be done for nearly zero cost - if you buy used and sell in about a year, you\'ll probably lose nothing.

Oct 06, 2016 at 01:58 PM
ecarlino
Upload & Sell: On
Re: A6500 and RX100 V?

The attitude on these threads is about as bewildering to me as when people start to go off on Sony for \"only\" making big, heavy, expensive lenses.

If you don\'t like it, move along.

How many times do people need to be told that their camera didn\'t all of a sudden start taking worse pictures because a new one was released?

Living in the burbs of Chicago (literally a photographic wasteland) I tend to be most active in photography during my Spring/Summer travels - and in the past 3yrs I\'ve owned 3 Sony cameras (a7r, a7ii, and the a7r2) and combined not lost much money in resales because i tend to buy when there\'s a sale or discount and sell while the item is still \'current\'. I bought the a7r2 from greentoe in Feb of this year and sold it last month and it only cost me $125 (incl the shipping/fees i paid to sell) to own it for the year and to capture about 500 shots (out of perhaps 7,500 that i took) that i\'ll enjoy for a lifetime.

Frankly, the rapid pace of new releases is fantastic for prudent owners because owning the \'last\' generation can probably be done for nearly zero cost - if you buy used and sell in about a year, you\'ll probably lose nothing.

Oct 06, 2016 at 01:54 PM

Previous versions of ecarlino's message #13754627 « Pre-order: Sony a6500 for $1,399! »