Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of ecarlino's message #13666533 « Sony Planar T* FE 50/1.4 ZA tests »

ecarlino
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Sony Planar T* FE 50/1.4 ZA Rolling Review

GMPhotography wrote:
I\'m in this camp as well. I got the GM 85 for melt away backgrounds. I did like the backgrounds I shot the other day. I thought they looked good

exactly right - b/c when you were in NYC - there may have been a person or couple walking around that was central to your frame, but in those scenes, it\'s great to be able to make out where they are but have the background not entirely in focus to provide some separation

Aug 02, 2016 at 06:24 PM
ecarlino

GMPhotography wrote:
I\'m in this camp as well. I got the GM 85 for melt away backgrounds. I did like the backgrounds I shot the other day. I thought they looked good

exactly right - b/c when you were in NYC - there may have been a person or couple walking around that was central to your frame, but in those scenes, it\'s great to be able to make out where they are but have the background not entirely in focus to provide some separation, but it need not look like a tie-die shirt in the background either - otherwise, my kids could be standing in front of the Colosseum or a dumpster in an alley in Chicago and you\'d not know the difference. Sometimes, they are in front of a dumpster b/c the color is a nice background when completely blurred (thank you 85GM) other times, i want to know that we left the country (Zony 50)

Aug 02, 2016 at 06:15 PM
ecarlino

GMPhotography wrote:

exactly right - b/c when you were in NYC - there may have been a person or couple walking around that was central to your frame, but in those scenes, it\'s great to be able to make out where they are but have the background not entirely in focus to provide some separation, but it need not look like a tie-die shirt in the background either - otherwise, my kids could be standing in front of the Colosseum or a dumpster in an alley in Chicago and you\'d not know the difference. Sometimes, they are in front of a dumpster b/c the color is a nice background when completely blurred (thank you 85GM) other times, i want to know that we left the country.

Aug 02, 2016 at 06:15 PM
ecarlino

GMPhotography wrote:

exactly right - b/c when you were in NYC - there may have been a person or couple walking around that was central to your frame, but in those scenes, it\'s great to be able to make out where they are but have the background not entirely in focus to provide some separation, but it need not look like a tie-die shirt.

Aug 02, 2016 at 06:14 PM

Previous versions of ecarlino's message #13666533 « Sony Planar T* FE 50/1.4 ZA tests »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.