Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Thang's message #13552051 « D500 Settings for Birds in Flight ? »

Thang
Upload & Sell: On
Re: D500 Settings for Birds in Flight ?

Quang - too long for what? My thinking is this. Group focus avoids the BG and gives priority to the subject first. So by setting AF block to 5, it would stay longer on the subject and nowhere else. I think that\'s a win win situation for us bird photographers.

ShutteredMe wrote:
Thang wrote:
Wayne - see this post here where I used the exact same setup. With any other camera and/or setup, the lock would have been on the water instead

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1379476/71

Wayne Willison wrote:
Thang wrote:
Don\'t know about other birds but for peregrine falcons in flight I use af-c group, af blocked at 5, focus track set at eratic, and \"release+focus\" with high success rate.

Thang,
I\'m going to try your settings. I never would have thought to set af block at 5, but your success rate is impressive. It\'s also great that you got that much out of the 200-500 on the falcons.

Wayne

WOWser!!! That is some great capture Thang! I would think a setting of 5 would be too long but I will give it a try this week.

-Quang

May 10, 2016 at 03:56 AM

Previous versions of Thang's message #13552051 « D500 Settings for Birds in Flight ? »