Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of molson's message #13363096 « Is film coming back? »

molson
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Is film coming back?

retrofocus wrote:
grog13 wrote:

I\'m not saying film isn\'t worthwhile if you like the look of it and like working with it, but most of the current wave of interest, as with vinyl, is purely hipster-driven.

Not so sure about it - yes, a certain part of it has to do because it is hipster-like, but I see more and more professional film groups online and heard that several professional fine art photographers went back to film, too. Part of the reason why I started this thread to find out more about why people do it.

Jan 07, 2016 at 11:41 AM
molson
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Is film coming back?

retrofocus wrote:
grog13 wrote:

I\'m not saying film isn\'t worthwhile if you like the look of it and like working with it, but most of the current wave of interest, as with vinyl, is purely hipster-driven.

Not so sure about it - yes, a certain part of it has to do because it is hipster-like, but I see more and more professional film groups online and heard that several professional fine art photographers went back to film, too. Part of the reason why I started this thread to find out more about why people do it.

I think the reason is simple - now that a technically superior alternative has become mainstream, film can now finally be considered \"art\"...

Jan 07, 2016 at 11:39 AM

Previous versions of molson's message #13363096 « Is film coming back? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.