Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Trijicon1's message #13046481 « RX1/RII + Sony WA converter (SEL075UWC) = Pretty awesome »

Trijicon1
Upload & Sell: Off
RX1 + Sony WA converter (SEL075UWC) = Pretty awesome

I\'m an A7 owner and just recently joined the RX1 club (1 got an insane deal via Craigslist). I own the new 28mm/f2 lens for the A7 and the 21mm WA adaptor for it as well. While comparing the two, I noticed that the RX1 has the same filter size as the 28mm lens (49mm). I then noticed the bayonet mechanism to attach the 21mm WA adaptor to the 28mm lens was the same as the RX1 hood mechanism. I immediately tried fitting the WA adaptor to the RX1 but unfortunately it didn\'t work. There is a lip on the inner plate of the adaptor that prevents it from fitting the RX1, I\'m sure this was done purposely.

With some self encouragement, I dedicated to \"modify\" the inner plate and cut of the lip. With more adjustments, I was able to attach the WA to the RX1! I looks like it was made for it! The WA turns the 35mm into an effective 26mm.

Here is a quick comparo of the increased FL. Shot at f8 focused on the swan sculpture

I did a quick IQ test, nothing fancy, no tripod. Here is the scene I shot at different apertures (2.8, 4, 5.6, 8, 11).

Here are 100% crops of the lower right.

f2.8

f4.0

f5.6

f8

f11

In summary, the lens fits nice and snug on the RX1. The image quality is useable at f2.8 with some sharpening in post, but f4 and on to f11 is nice and sharp. A lot of RX1 user choose the Rocoh G3 WA adaptor, I think this Sony is a nice alternative. It\'s more expensive, but is engineered for a FF sensor rather than APS-C. This should translate to better IQ... I\'m guessing.

let me know if you have any questions or other tests you\'d like me to perform.

Jun 05, 2015 at 09:43 PM
Trijicon1
Upload & Sell: Off
RX1 + Sony WA converter (SEL075UWC) = Pretty awesome

I\'m an A7 owner and just recently joined the RX1 club (1 got an insane deal via Craigslist). I own the new 28mm/f2 lens for the A7 and the 21mm WA adaptor for it as well. While comparing the two, I noticed that the RX1 has the same filter size as the 28mm lens (49mm). I then noticed the bayonet mechanism to attach the 21mm WA adaptor to the 28mm lens was the same as the RX1 hood mechanism. I immediately tried fitting the WA adaptor to the RX1 but unfortunately it didn\'t work. There is a lip on the inner plate of the adaptor that prevents it from fitting the RX1, I\'m sure this was done purposely.

With some self encouragement, I dedicated to \"modify\" the inner plate and cut of the lip. With more adjustments, I was able to attach the WA to the RX1! I looks like it was made for it! The WA turns the 35mm into an effective 26mm.

Here is a quick comparo of the increased FL. Shot at f8 focused on the swan sculpture

I did a quick IQ test, nothing fancy, no tripod. Here is the scene I shot at different apertures (2.8, 4, 5.6, 8, 11).

Here are 100% crops of the lower right.

f2.8

f4.0

f5.6

f8

f11

In summary, the lens fits nice and snug on the RX1. The image quality is useable at f2.8 with some sharpening in post, but f4 and on to f11 is nice and sharp. A lot of RX1 user choose the Rocoh G3 WA adaptor, I think this Sony is a nice alternative. It\'s more expensive, but is engineered for a FF sensor rather than APS-C. This should translate to better IQ... I\'m guessing.

let me know if you have any questions or other tests you\'d like me to perform.

Jun 05, 2015 at 06:57 PM

Previous versions of Trijicon1's message #13046481 « RX1/RII + Sony WA converter (SEL075UWC) = Pretty awesome »