Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of marik's message #12970808 « First time setting up photo booth indoor. Need lighting advice. »

marik
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: First time setting up photo booth indoor. Need lighting advice.

Thanks for the reply! Your photo booth pics are fantastic, really really fun and the quality is amazing.

So prior to building our box that houses everything I did a photo booth at a friend\'s birthday just with my camera on a tripod and the Gary Fong on my flash. I was pretty happy with the results, the light was really nice and soft (there was ambient light in the room as well the whole night), I just didn\'t love my camera being out in the open and easily knocked over, especially since this is meant to be for a wedding reception and I won\'t be next to it all night. Hence the housing we built.

Per what you are saying about how the Fong throws out light, it didn\'t seem to make sense to do that within the box, so I switched to a NEEWER 6\"x8\" Softbox so that light was just going out directionaly towards the people in the shot.
I\'ll play around the upping the flash power and increasing my depth of field, but will have to give some thought as to how to modify our flash setup and keep it contained so the whole thing can run unattended. Attaching photos of booth. Camera lens is right where the camera is drawn, flash is to the left, display monitor below so people can do a live view and see if they are in the shot, then they can see their images after each one is taken.

This one sample shot I was pretty happy with the results though I think the focus could be improved and I had to brighten the images a bit. The latest time we tried it though they did not look as good; colors were very strange, very pink (shot on AWB same as this sample shot), shadows were really severe, focus was terrible. I think it was combo of people coming too close to the booth (will mark off a \"box\" on the floor for the wedding to guide people as to where to stand), there was almost no ambient light in the room, flash might have been on TTL instead of manual, and we had to set up the booth a bit closer to the background. So many variables!

Apr 17, 2015 at 11:43 AM

Previous versions of marik's message #12970808 « First time setting up photo booth indoor. Need lighting advice. »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.