Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Mitch Alland's message #12607003 « Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread »

Mitch Alland
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

joe88 wrote:
zhangyue wrote:
I always have S dream, but their lens speed doesn\'t grab me. Shooting M is faster for me than any other system for most time, so I won\'t leave.

I agree, shooting the M is faster. The S system has to be looked at from a medium format or near medium format perspective, more suited to planned shots to get the most out of it, although its DSLR like size and design makes it currently the most ergonomic of digital MF cameras...

edwardkaraa wrote:
Joe, please don\'t post any S2 images anymore, no matter what Michael says...ou know I have a weakness for it ...

Interesting. Joe\'s S2 pictures in p.1048 #16 have a wonderful quality but, for myself, I am interested in the \"35mm aesthetic,\" rather than in the medium format look, so I would not want an S2.

With my M9-P I\'ve been experimenting some more with VSCO and Replichrome in LR5. The three color pictures below have been processed with VSCO presets and further small adjustments in LR5. However, for B&W pictures, I sometimes find I can only get the look that I want with Silver Efex, as in the fourth picture below.

M9-P | Elmarit-21 ASPH | ISO 640 | VSCO (L-Kodak Gold 800--)

Paris

M9-P | Elmarit-21 ASPH | ISO 640 | VSCO (L-Kodak Gold 100+)

Paris

M9-P | Macro-Elmar-90 | ISO 320 | VSCO (L-Kodak Gold 100+)

Paris

M9-P | Summilux-50 pre-ASPH | ISO 320 | Silver Efex

Paris

—Mitch
French Accent [Portfolio] – 15-photo slide show

Sep 30, 2014 at 11:24 AM
Mitch Alland
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Leica M/X/T Picture Thread

joe88 wrote:
zhangyue wrote:
I always have S dream, but their lens speed doesn\'t grab me. Shooting M is faster for me than any other system for most time, so I won\'t leave.

I agree, shooting the M is faster. The S system has to be looked at from a medium format or near medium format perspective, more suited to planned shots to get the most out of it, although its DSLR like size and design makes it currently the most ergonomic of digital MF cameras...

edwardkaraa wrote:
Joe, please don\'t post any S2 images anymore, no matter what Michael says...ou know I have a weakness for it ...

Interesting. Joe\'s S2 pictures in p.1048 #16 have a wonderful quality but, for myself, I am interested in the \"35mm aesthetic,\" rather than in the medium format look, so I would not want an S2.

With my M9-P I\'ve been experimenting some more with VSCO and Replichrome in LR5. The three color pictures below have been processed with VSCO presets and further small adjustments in LR5. However, for B&W pictures, I sometimes find I can only get the look that I want with Silver Efex, as in the fourth picture below.

M9-P | Elmarit-21 ASPH | ISO 640 | VSCO (L-Kodak Gold 800--)

Paris

Paris

Paris

M9-P | Summilux-50 pre-ASPH | ISO 320 | Silver Efex

Paris

—Mitch
French Accent [Portfolio] – 15-photo slide show

Sep 30, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Previous versions of Mitch Alland's message #12607003 « Leica M/X/T/S/Q/ SL Picture Thread »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.