Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of SargentRay's message #12550875 « U9 Soccer last tournament of the season »

SargentRay
Upload & Sell: Off
U9 Soccer last tournament of the season

Don\'t know how it works elsewhere but here soccer is played for the most part when school is out and stops when school starts again. So last weekend Guy asked me at the last minute to cover this one. I\'ve asked to remain a rover on his sports shooters team because i\'ve started working on shifts again so i\'m not as available as i used to up to now. This one assignment was quite challenging 1st because all the games were held on half size fields so it meant twice as many teams,parents spectators and so on. Then secondly perhaps because school has started again kids were acting out all over the place, coaches couldn\'t control them, one kid broke his ankle just fooling around between games. At one point i asked a female coach to line up her players for the team shot and she just stood there staring at me speechless with her mouth half opened. she looked like she was going to have a nervous breakdown so i just took off without shooting that team (poor girl).

But aside from all that was going on and the whole hectic 25 simultaneous games chaos going on i still had a job to do and i did my best under the circumstances. At this particular level parents are aloud to sit next to the field with their folding camping chairs and some really take this too far having their flip flop garnished feet right onto the field. Honestly i don\'t even try to avoid them being in the shots anymore there\'s just too many people. Heck 2 blue collars were driving around the pedestrian walkways on a lawnmower tractor (shot # 12). Don\'t know which field they thought they were going to mow there were people everywhere.

So i went along my usual business of shooting every player twice for each team which comes out to about 25 shots in 25 minutes, in JPG, single frame shooting as perfectly cropped as possible since no post processing whatsoever is done before printing and selling the pictures. The only thing i did differently is perhaps try to discipline myself to wait that extra fraction of a second until the player looks up or gives me some kind of an expression. At that age most player just look down at the ball until somebody steals it from them, but i managed to get a few nevertheless.

1-) Intensity

2-) Surprise !

3-) Looking over the glasses works better.

4-) Go into the light

5-) Agility and concentration (probably the best player of the tournament)

6-) Encouraging an injured player

7-) Ok objective in sight.

8-) To have heart.

9-) Great defence player who has stopped many attacks.

10-) The save of the game.

11-) Smallest but most determined Dynamo\'s team player.

12-) A man and his ball.

13-) In extremis

14-) Look dad, no hand.

15-) Come here you.

Aug 31, 2014 at 07:07 PM
SargentRay

Don\'t know how it works elsewhere but here soccer is played for the most part when school is out and stops when school starts again. So last weekend Guy asked me at the last minute to cover this one. I\'ve asked to remain a rover on his sports shooters team because i\'ve started working on shifts again so i\'m not as available as i used to up to now. This one assignment was quite challenging 1st because all the games were held on half size fields so it meant twice as many teams,parents spectators and so on. Then secondly perhaps because school has started again kids were acting out all over the place, coaches couldn\'t control them, one kid broke his ankle just fooling around between games. At one point i ask a female coach to line up her players for the team shot and she just stood there staring at me speechless with her mouth half opened. she looked like she was going to have a nervous breakdown so i just took off without shooting that team (poor girl).

But aside from all that was going on and the whole hectic 25 simultaneous games chaos going on i still had a job to do and i did my best under the circumstances. At this particular level parents are aloud to sit next to the field with their folding camping chairs and some really take this too far having their flip flop garnished feet right onto the field. Honestly i don\'t even try to avoid them being in the shots anymore there\'s just too many people. Heck 2 blue collars were driving around the pedestrian walkways on a lawnmower tractor (shot # 12). Don\'t know which field they thought they were going to mow there were people everywhere.

So i went along my usual business of shooting every player twice for each team which comes out to about 25 shots in 25 minutes, in JPG, single frame shooting as perfectly cropped as possible since no post processing whatsoever is done before printing and selling the pictures. The only thing i did differently is perhaps try to discipline myself to wait that extra fraction of a second until the player looks up or gives me some kind of an expression. At that age most player just look down at the ball until somebody steals it from them, but i managed to get a few nevertheless.

1-) Intensity

2-) Surprise !

4-) Go into the light

8-) To have heart.

12-) A man and his ball.

13-) In extremis

14-) Look dad, no hand.

15-) Come here you.

Aug 31, 2014 at 04:01 PM
SargentRay

Don\'t know how it works elsewhere but here soccer is played for the most part when school is out and stops when school starts again. So last weekend Guy asked me at the last minute to cover this one. I\'ve asked to remain a rover on his sports shooters team because i\'ve started working on shifts again so i\'m not as available as i used to up to now. This one assignment was quite challenging 1st because all the games were held on half size fields so it meant twice as many teams,parents spectators and so on. Then secondly perhaps because school has started again kids were acting out all over the place, coaches couldn\'t control them, one kid broke his ankle just fooling around between games. At one point i ask a female coach to line up her players for the team shot and she just stood there staring at me speechless with her mouth half opened. she looked like she was going to have a nervous breakdown so i just took off without shooting that team (poor girl).

So i went along my usual business of shooting every player twice for each team which comes out to about 25 shots in 25 minutes, in JPG, single frame shooting as perfectly cropped as possible since no post processing whatsoever is done before printing and selling the pictures. The only thing i did differently is perhaps try to discipline myself to wait that extra fraction of a second until the player looks up or give me some kind of expression. At that age most player just look down at the ball until somebody steals it from them, but i managed to get a few nevertheless.

1-) Intensity

2-) Surprise !

4-) Go into the light

8-) To have heart.

12-) A man and his ball.

13-) In extremis

14-) Look dad, no hand.

15-) Come here you.

Aug 31, 2014 at 03:39 PM

Previous versions of SargentRay's message #12550875 « U9 Soccer last tournament of the season »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.