Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of rafaelcasd's message #12475648 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

rafaelcasd
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A final posting of the Eucalyptus demise. This on top is Felipe, originally from Oaxaca, my gardener for 8 years, extremely hard working, probably has more money than I do, drives a brand new Dodge Ram with leather seats. He started as an assistant to Francisco, the gardener of my property and many others for the prior 30 years, when Francisco retired back to his Mexican Village then Felipe took over.

He was very smart about taking the tree down, there was plenty room for it to fall in one direction so he cut enough branches to set the center of gravity towards the desired side, then cut into the trunk in a clever way so that a light tug from a rope sent it on its way down.

This tree did not provide shade, what it did was block the view with pleasant greenery and provide a sense of open privacy to the house,

Note that I used my like-new 35-200mm, a lens rarely seen in use as most are defective. Mine is a great documentary lens,going from wide angle to longish tele. The picture quality leaves nothing to be desired on the D3, it does need closing down on the D800 and the near field bokeh is very ugly on either, far side bokeh is fine.

nikon nikkor 35-200mm 3.5 D3 Felling a tree by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 35-200mm 3.5 D3 Felling a tree 2 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Jul 20, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Previous versions of rafaelcasd's message #12475648 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.