Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of gnbuzz's message #12401142 « West Coast View of Acadia National Park »

gnbuzz
Upload & Sell: On
Re: West Coast View of Acadia National Park

JimFox wrote:
Hey Glenn,

#1 and 2 are pretty nice compositions. I don't really care for the HDR look in them though. Not really bad, but it is there. And it was cool for your to add the self portrait of you and the lovey lady. Your wife? GF?

As for shooting stars at night. Lot's of people get freaked out by the night time sounds. So unless one can steady their nerves, shooting stars isn't for everyone. Hopefully you got something from your star shooting.

I have only been to Maine once, and that was briefly in December. It was like a frozen wasteland. I would definitely like to go back sometime.

Jim

Thanks, Jim. That's actually my daughter. She'd be amused to be mistaken for a wife or girlfriend.

As for the HDR look, it escapes me in No. 1 but I see (saw) it in No. 2. Both are single shots. The original file of No. 2, plus the other shots taken at the time, even has an HDRishness to it. Maybe because they are longer exposures? I may have accentuated by opening up the shadows during Raw processing.

I'm too inexperienced to know how that HDR edge creeps into images or how to rid it in post.

Glenn

Jun 10, 2014 at 06:22 PM

Previous versions of gnbuzz's message #12401142 « West Coast View of Acadia National Park »