Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of JaKo's message #12351994 « Through Walter Mandler Glass (on FF Only) »

JaKo
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Through Walter Mandler Glass (on FF Only)

JonPB wrote: Mandler made compromises between aberrations and throughout the frame to achieve what he did

wayne seltzer wrote: Instead of using asph lens elements he used many levels of special glass to get rid of aberrations

I will have to check Lens Compendium to find out exactly what year computer aids were used in designing Leica lenses, but surely old 'school masters' had to rely on their practical knowledge and how pleasing the final outcome of their designs look rather than just use a program to develop perfect lenses.

Take acoustics for example. In 1980s Carnegie Hall went its major renovation and according to many the famous, century old, darker/muted Carnegie sound was gone. More ‘modern’ and lively sound, an outcome of computer aided analyses used during reno made old Carnegie acoustic aura available only on old recordings. What a shame!

Back to now days, filtered through Mandler’s glass..

May 17, 2014 at 03:33 AM

Previous versions of JaKo's message #12351994 « Through Walter Mandler Glass (on FF Only) »