Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of pixelreaper's message #12316646 « Sony FE 70-200mm f/4.0 G OSS Lens announced »

pixelreaper
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Sony FE 70-200mm f/4.0 G OSS Lens announced

Hi everyone,

As promised here is a quick test of corner performance of this lens at approximately 70mm, 100mm, 135mm & 200mm at f/11. The test is my standard resolution and chromatic aberration torture test; the live oak trees in my back yard on a bright cloudy day.

Test notes-

All images were taken with the Sony A7r at ISO 100 on a very sturdy RRS tripod with OSS turned off.

These crops of the top left portion of the frame shown at 100% (~1300x800), were converted from raw in LR 5.4 at JPEG 90% with my standard Sharpness 40, Radius 1.0, NR set to 0, Lens correction and Chromatic Aberration correction turned off.

Some of the shutter speed were very slow (1/10) so you may see some motion blur from a slight breeze, but I think you will still be able to see the edge performance is very strong.

I am finding the lens to be beautifully sharp corner to corner with only a negligible fall off in performance on the edges. Although the autofocus performance has been very slow in low light, I have not had any issues with it in good lighting. It definitely makes a interesting addition to my current landscape kit listed below-

A7r
Canon 17 TS-e
Canon FDn 20mm
Zeiss FE 35mm (very sharp corner to corner at f/4 and smaller! not sure why this lens is not getting better feedback)
Zeiss FE 55mm
Sony FE 70-200 F/4 G

Thanks,
Dimitri Kavalieros

Apr 30, 2014 at 09:35 PM
pixelreaper
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Sony FE 70-200mm f/4.0 G OSS Lens announced

Hi everyone,

As promised here is a quick test of corner performance of this lens at approximately 70mm, 100mm, 135mm & 200mm at f/11. The test is my standard resolution and chromatic aberration torture test; the live oak trees in my back yard on a bright cloudy day.

Test notes-

All images were taken with the Sony A7r at ISO 100 on a very sturdy RRS tripod with OSS turned off.

These crops of the top left portion of the frame (~1300x800), were converted from raw in LR 5.4 at JPEG 90% with my standard Sharpness 40, Radius 1.0, NR set to 0, Lens correction and Chromatic Aberration correction turned off.

Some of the shutter speed were very slow (1/10) so you may see some motion blur from a slight breeze, but I think you will still be able to see the edge performance is very strong.

I am finding the lens to be beautifully sharp corner to corner with only a negligible fall off in performance on the edges. Although the autofocus performance has been very slow in low light, I have not had any issues with it in good lighting. It definitely makes a interesting addition to my current landscape kit listed below-

A7r
Canon 17 TS-e
Canon FDn 20mm
Zeiss FE 35mm (very sharp corner to corner at f/4 and smaller! not sure why this lens is not getting better feedback)
Zeiss FE 55mm
Sony FE 70-200 F/4 G

Thanks,
Dimitri Kavalieros

Apr 30, 2014 at 08:25 PM

Previous versions of pixelreaper's message #12316646 « Sony FE 70-200mm f/4.0 G OSS Lens announced »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.