Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Steve Perry's message #12304160 « View Through The Arch »

Steve Perry
Upload & Sell: On
View Through The Arch

Long time no post over here - I've been doing more critters than 'scapes lately.

This was from an off trail location in Valley Of Fire State Park. This actually took about a week to happen - I was plagued with clear blue skies every day.

This was taken on my very last morning - I had to head home right after this was captured, so I was pretty excited to see some clouds in the sky as early twilight turned to dawn. I was hoping to get some light on the clouds, but this was actually much cooler than I had expected. Lots of just dumb luck involved, but hey, I'll take it.

Tech stuff - This was a focused bracketed image (only 4 images) - even at 17~18mm there just wasn't enough DOF to pull it off. I also had to exposure bracket and blend just a bit, but it wasn't too severe (the D800 really has some serious dynamic range).

Let me know what you think

Apr 25, 2014 at 08:37 PM

Previous versions of Steve Perry's message #12304160 « View Through The Arch »