Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Roni1948's message #12285354 « Leica R Series Lenses »

Roni1948
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Leica R Series Lenses

Hi friends! I've got a random question for fellow adapted-R shooters. My favourite focal length is 50mm, and I shoot almost everything wide open at f/2 using a 50cron. I'm really craving the added light and smoothness/bokeh of a 50 at 1.4, but the 50lux is not cheap, and requires adapting. While I know we all share a passion for the manual focus goodness of Leica R lenses, would it be so blasphemous to jump ship to the new Sigma 50mm Art (with AF)? I imagine that aside from the weight difference, the images will be sharper than Leica 50s manufactured over 10-20 years ago. The main drawback would be that I can't post those images to this great forum. Thoughts? I appreciate it!

And since I haven't posted in a while, here are a couple pics from a few months back. 6D 50cron.

Apr 17, 2014 at 06:21 PM
Roni1948
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Leica R Series Lenses

Hi friends! I've got a random question for fellow adapted-R shooters. My favourite focal length is 50mm, and I shoot almost everything wide open at f/2 using a 50cron. I'm really craving the added light and smoothness/bokeh of a 50 at 1.4, but the 50lux is not cheap, and requires adapting. While I know we all share a passion for the manual focus goodness of Leica R lenses, would it be so blasphemous to jump ship to the new Sigma 50mm Art (with AF)? I imagine that aside from the weight difference, the images will be sharper than Leica 50s manufactured over 10-20 years ago. The main drawback would be that I can't post those images to this great forum. Thoughts? I appreciate it!

And since I haven't posted in a while, here are a couple pics from a few months back. 6D 50cron.

Apr 17, 2014 at 05:41 PM

Previous versions of Roni1948's message #12285354 « Leica R Series Lenses »