Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of ckcarr's message #12271718 « Sw Grand Vista »

ckcarr
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Sw Grand Vista

Ian Plant just put something out in his monthly newsletter where he called these type renditions "Dreamscapes." Maybe that's more appropriate?

There's a huge gradient from what Nigel likes, to G. Dan Mitchell's understated yet finely crafted renditions, to the Mark Metternich renditions, Scott Kroekers, Jim Fox's...etc.... Who's to say what's right?

Seems if the digital negative is unaltered, and application is made adjusting color, tone, sharpnes, white balance, etc..., and moons or lightning or coyotes weren't pasted in, then it's fine and up to the viewers taste. After all, if no one likes it, then it theoretically should sink right off the bottom of the landscape board and off the page, unless it's "bumped" by the OP constantly (which seems to happen here once in a while).

I think this discussion has been had at least once a year since I joined this forum (By the way, I think on Facebook it's called a "group" as it's a much narrower band of participants).

Apr 11, 2014 at 03:39 PM
ckcarr
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Sw Grand Vista

Ian Plant just put something out in his monthly newsletter where he called these type renditions "Dreamscapes." Maybe that's more appropriate?

There's a huge gradient from what Nigel likes, to G. Dan Mitchell's understated yet finely crafted renditions, to the Mark Metternich renditions, Scott Kroekers, Jim Fox's...etc.... Who's to say what's right?

Seems if the digital negative is unaltered, and moons or lightning or coyotes weren't pasted in, then it's fine and up to the viewers taste. After all, if no one likes it, then it theoretically should sink right off the bottom of the landscape board and off the page, unless it's "bumped" by the OP constantly (which seems to happen here once in a while).

I think this discussion has been had at least once a year since I joined this forum (By the way, I think on Facebook it's called a "group" as it's a much narrower band of participants).

Apr 11, 2014 at 03:11 PM

Previous versions of ckcarr's message #12271718 « Sw Grand Vista »