Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of ramkumar999's message #12262670 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

ramkumar999
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Let me see if I can summarize what I liked since my last post.

Curtis, congrats on the 55mm f1.2., Craigslist can sometimes surprise you. I scored my 400mm f3.5 and 300mm f2.8 AF from Craigslist for atleast 60% less than eBay price.. I hope I get one soon but I am in no hurry.

Rafael, I really loved the textures on the old car wheels.

Jose, your Tyrant shot shows amazing details and what the 800mm f5.6 can do. Apart from my 400, I am also secretly lusting on either 600mm / 800mm that you have.

David, I love your seaside shots.

George, nice B/W shot on the 55mm f1.2 and thanks for your nice comments on my 180mm shots.

Ken, thank you for your comments. I loved your flying shots.

Ronny, I love your 135mm and tube shots so much that I am inspired to buy the extension tubes.

Scott, You sure have an Eye for detail!! I also loved the photo bomb shot.

Kevin, nice examples of what the 28mm f2.8 E series can do. I used to own one and sold it prior to my upgrade to D7000. One thing I liked about it is that I did not have to adjust focus much. It was almost like a point and shoot., Set it to infinity and forget.

Nancy, Your 180mm shots inspired me to post mine. Nice work on the water shots.

Steve, Nice work with the Leighton lens., only thing I notice is wide open the fringes on the highlight areas in the first shot. Can it be fixed in post or does it go away at f5.6.

Michael, nice shots of your kid with the 50mm.

After I read about the 35mm f1.4 discussion, I browsed to see the average price and if there are comparables to the 35mm f2 to see if MFNAS would kick in. After seeing price, reality set in. My logical brain convinced me that that is not a focal length I shoot. I have a liking to telephoto lenses and my current wide needs have been satisfied by 24 and 28mm.

Here is a shot with the 24mm f2.8 AIS at f5.6 on my D600. I used some shadow and highlight effect to bring details to sky and buildings.

Apr 07, 2014 at 05:36 PM
ramkumar999
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Let me see if I can summarize what I liked since my last post.

Curtis, congrats on the 55mm f1.2., Craigslist can sometimes surprise you. I scored my 400mm f3.5 and 300mm f2.8 AF from Craigslist for atleast 60% less than eBay price.. I hope I get one soon but I am in no hurry.

Rafael, I really loved the textures on the old car wheels.

Jose, your Tyrant shot shows amazing details and what the 800mm f5.6 can do. Apart from my 400, I am also secretly lusting on either 600mm / 800mm that you have.

David, I love your seaside shots.

George, nice B/W shot on the 55mm f1.2 and thanks for your nice comments on my 180mm shots.

Ken, thank you for your comments. I loved your flying shots.

Ronny, I love your 135mm and tube shots so much that I am inspired to buy the extension tubes.

Scott, You sure have an Eye for detail!! I also loved the photo bomb shot.

Kevin, nice examples of what the 28mm f2.8 E series can do. I used to own one and sold it prior to my upgrade to D7000. One thing I liked about it is that I did not have to adjust focus much. It was almost like a point and shoot., Set it to infinity and forget.

Nancy, Your 180mm shots inspired me to post mine. Nice work on the water shots.

Steve, Nice work with the Leighton lens., only thing I notice is wide open the fringes on the highlight areas in the first shot. Can it be fixed in post or does it go away at f5.6.

Michael, nice shots of your kid with the 50mm.

After I read about the 35mm f1.4 discussion, I browsed to see the average price and if there are comparables to the 35mm f2 to see if MFNAS would kick in. After seeing price, reality set in. My logical brain convinced me that that is not a focal length I shoot. I have a liking to telephoto and my current wide needs have been satisfied by 24 and 28mm.

Here is a shot with the 24mm f2.8 AIS at f5.6 on my D600. I used some shadow and highlight effect to bring details to sky and buildings.

Apr 07, 2014 at 05:10 PM

Previous versions of ramkumar999's message #12262670 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.