Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of avyaktha1's message #12256281 « Does my d800 have a focus issue? »

avyaktha1
Upload & Sell: Off
Does my d800 have a focus issue?

I recently bought a used d800 and wanted to test its auto focus. I put my camera on a tripod and used live view autofocus and remote trigger , this is what I got

The photo is of a hindu deity krishna

I shot this with a d600 (borrowed from my friend) and used the same settings and the same lens (105mm 2.8).

The focus point was on the eye of the deity playing the flute for both the images.

I felt that d800 image isnt as sharp as the d600 image , as I notice only a slight difference . I wanted get an opinion from others if my camera has a AF issue or if this sharpness is generally acceptable?

Apr 06, 2014 at 01:10 AM
avyaktha1

I recently bought a used d800 and wanted to test its auto focus. I put my camera on a tripod and used live view autofocus and remote trigger , this is what I got

I shot this with a d600 (borrowed from my friend) and used the same settings and the same lens (105mm 2.8).

The focus point was on the eye of the deity playing the flute for both the images.

I felt that d800 image isnt as sharp as the d600 image , as I notice only a slight difference . I wanted get an opinion from others if my camera has a AF issue or if this sharpness is generally acceptable?

Apr 06, 2014 at 01:09 AM
avyaktha1

Apr 05, 2014 at 05:10 AM

Previous versions of avyaktha1's message #12256281 « Does my d800 have a focus issue? »