Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of redisburning's message #12246830 « A7 or A7R with Vintage MF glass? Poll Inside! »

redisburning
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: A7 or A7R with Vintage MF glass? Poll Inside!

sebboh wrote:
redisburning wrote:
you mean those IPS panels Samsung makes for them? and has made for more than a decade?

how come i couldn\'t get a laptop with that resolution till apple came out with the retina, were they only selling them for medical applications?

redisburning wrote:
anyway I\'m into pixel peeping I just look at it from a further back view. I look at images at 100% of their final output size. if you compare the A7r and A7, you do need to properly downsize the A7r files to 24mp and look at 100% then. IMO.

you are correct, which is what i said i did if you read my whole post.

The panels require a lot of power and generate a lot of heat. There were some available they were just very, very expensive. I\'m just laughing at how Apple gets credit for something they not only don\'t make and didn\'t design themselves but has been around for a long time if you had the cash.

Eizo, NEC, Lucky Goldstar, etc. have been selling IPS panels for a long time, it\'s just that their price points and lack of push in the US (excluding NEC, who have a lot of play in the US medical field), have kept them from being popular.

Then Apple sells some iphones with a Samsung screen and all of a sudden every high resolution screen is \"retina grade\". I mean, if Beats Audio released some headphones with orthodynamic or electrostatic drivers and called the drivers some ridiculously nebulous name, I\'m sure people would start referring to my hifiman planars by that name too.

and I was agreeing with you on the downsizing part. nothing more, nothing less.

Apr 01, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Previous versions of redisburning's message #12246830 « A7 or A7R with Vintage MF glass? Poll Inside! »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.