Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of charles.K's message #12220405 « Leica M/X/T Picture Thread »

charles.K
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

p929,
Ryan, love the use of the yellow filter with the MM Great set!
Joakim, excellent street captures!
Gary, very nice rendering with the Nikkor 5cm/1.4!
Charlie, fun series! Portrait wise love the CV 90.
Arka, beautiful set of images of your wife!

P830,
Edward, loving your portraits with the ZM 50!
Ron, great set of images! Very nice PP'ing too
Michael, excellent landscapes and color I am really enjoying your recent PP'ing to your imges.
Najibs, Very nice!! The ZM 50 looks to be very popular!! For the portraits I really like the 40/2.
Charlie, very nice portrait series! The ZM 50 and 28 Cron, are probably the most contrasty lenses in bright sunlight. I suspect for this reason alone in Australia, I tend to drift to the 50 Cron Rigid and 50 Nocti f/1.0 in bright overly harsh sunlight here

Tobin, there is no logic as to what you should have I prefer the 50's of course, but for many the 35 is sweet. I have both, but I always gravitate to the 50/75, or if I need a wide, I jump straight to the 21 SEM/24 Lux.

edwardkaraa wrote:
Ron, very nice work utilizing the full DR of the M and the colors are great! I agree about the shadow color cast, which is green in my experience. I use the embedded profile as I find it gives me a sense of familiarity with the colors of the M9. This said, the overall color balance is more pleasing with the M and easier to adjust with less PP.

I suspect there is a mangenta bias with the M240 sensor, and may explain the greenish tinge when pushing the shadows. Recently using some of the latest color profiles from VSCO 5, I am really liking these specific for the Leica's now.

Mar 21, 2014 at 03:43 AM

Previous versions of charles.K's message #12220405 « Leica M/X/T Picture Thread »