Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of ben egbert's message #12216497 « Fixing color in LAB »

ben egbert
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Fixing color in LAB

Thanks Howard. I appreciate your work for sure. And while color cast is subjective, my mild cataracts adds a yellow filter and means I need to find some other way to get it right. I have my camera profile via Color Checker and usually trust that and I try to make all my post processing color neutral. But if the raw has an issue I am cooked.

I will need to take your word for it on the magenta blue cast as I did on the previous green cast. I could certainly live with your rendition, but I would go for a lot more contrast. Contrast I can see.

This image is interesting, I used a 17TSE perfectly leveled and then upshifted for composition. Some complained about that white ledge and suggesting pointing the lens up to avoid it. But I can spot distortion as easy as others spot color cast. Even corrected for horizon, I would see the side walls of the canyon as distorted.

This was at f8, ISO100 and 1/10 second. I used a Singh Ray 3 stop reverse grad above the canyon horizon.

Mar 19, 2014 at 02:33 PM

Previous versions of ben egbert's message #12216497 « Fixing color in LAB »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.