Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of itai195's message #12198171 « Roger at Lensrentals tested Sony A7R Light Leak »

itai195
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Roger at Lensrentals tested Sony A7R Light Leak

johnvanr wrote:
itai195 wrote:
This reminds of peanut allergies. Did older cameras not have light leaks, or were consumers just not hyper-obsessive about finding them?

Wrong analogy. My kids have nut allergies. I've seen them choke up, I've taken them to the ER. I've seen the full ER staff scrambling around my daughter to get her right. Nut allergies have nothing to do with hyper-obsessivity or any imagined behavior. It's very real and extremely scary.

Sorry, wasn't saying it's not a real issue. Just the prevalence of reporting seems to have increased.

My conclusion about it is very similar to what Roger posted above about the allergies. I'm guessing light leaks have been an issue for years, but until people became educated about them and the internet echo chamber took over, they were simply not talked about as much.

Mar 12, 2014 at 04:58 PM
itai195

johnvanr wrote:
itai195 wrote:
This reminds of peanut allergies. Did older cameras not have light leaks, or were consumers just not hyper-obsessive about finding them?

Wrong analogy. My kids have nut allergies. I've seen them choke up, I've taken them to the ER. I've seen the full ER staff scrambling around my daughter to get her right. Nut allergies have nothing to do with hyper-obsessivity or any imagined behavior. It's very real and extremely scary.

Sorry, wasn't saying it's not a real issue. Just the prevalence of reporting seems to have increased.

My conclusion about it is very similar to what Roger posted above. I'm guessing light leaks have been an issue for years, but until people became educated about them and the internet echo chamber took over, they were simply not talked about as much.

Mar 12, 2014 at 04:58 PM
itai195

johnvanr wrote:
itai195 wrote:

Mar 12, 2014 at 04:51 PM

Previous versions of itai195's message #12198171 « Roger at Lensrentals tested Sony A7R Light Leak »