Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Mikael Risedal's message #12163452 « TDP Review: Zeiss Otus 55mm f/1.4 Distagon T* »

Mikael Risedal
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: TDP Review: Zeiss Otus 55mm f/1.4 Distagon T*

snapsy wrote:
Mikael Risedal wrote:
ggreene wrote:
Such a shame that Zeiss doesn't do AF on the Canon mounts. Impressive IQ nonetheless.

there are no AF sensitive enough to handle F 1,4 and critical works and its there at 1,4 Otus rely shines.

I have no problem getting consistently in-focus 50mm shots @ f/1.4 on both my Canon and Nikon bodies.

you don't
well , the AF sensitivity is F 2,8 (in reality 3,4 in some cameras) and if you not use live view and go by the AF assistance with Otus you have a minor variation of the sharpness plane in the depth of F 2,8
take 5 shots and use the AF assistance and go from infinity to the target distance 2m and do so for every shot and I promise you that you get different plane of sharpness in your shots at 1,4
And if you use a high resolution camera as d800 you se it more clearly

OR do a test with your AF 1,4 lens at 1,4 , take 5 pictures and let the camera re focus between the shots, put your hand in front of the lens or go to infinity and then let the AF focus, you have a serie of different focus plane at 1,4

Feb 25, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Previous versions of Mikael Risedal's message #12163452 « TDP Review: Zeiss Otus 55mm f/1.4 Distagon T* »