Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of igmolinav's message #12155674 « Sony A7 & A7R Deal: Save up to $813 with bundle. »

igmolinav
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Sony A7 & A7R Deal: Save up to $813 with bundle.

Hi,

NikonGuyIsHere wrote:
Looks more like these aren't selling well and they're trying to ramp up interest.

I just hope the reason for it, has not to do with the quality of the product!

I find it quite a good price for a full frame camera and if one takes the bundle, one can
save up to $700 - $800 !!!

However, I am concerned/skeptical of some issues in general about the Sony 7a cameras
(Am I right to be concerned/skeptical about it ??):

*Are the controls for the camera already annoying to some people or the fiddling is manageable. (It is not a dSLR) ??

*Is the viewfinder relatively easy to work with autofocus/manual lenses. (It is not a dSLR) ??

Is video as good as in a dSLR ??

*Is the price ok? It normally costs, without a promotion, what a D610/D800 costs, (One can already find a D800 for around $2,400)

*Are their Zeiss ZA lenses for real? I mean the quality! ZF.2 and ZE manual lenses are more expensive than the Zeiss ZA for Sony. And the ZA are even autofocus lenses!

*Are these cameras rugged enough? They may lack the ruggedness of some dSLRs, but are they rugged enough to take them travelling?? Would they withstand the work of a travel photographer, for example. And that may mean dust, moist, and the occasional drop??

*Are they durable? I have a Nikon D50. It has already lasted with me some eight years. I know that a Nikon D610/D800 would last some good six years. Are the Sony cameras meant to last more than four-five years??

*Last, but not least. Would you be ready to have it as your primary camera ??

Thank you, kind regards,

igmolinav : ) !!!

Feb 22, 2014 at 10:06 PM
igmolinav
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Sony A7 & A7R Deal: Save up to $813 with bundle.

Hi,

NikonGuyIsHere wrote:
Looks more like these aren't selling well and they're trying to ramp up interest.

I just hope the reason for it, has not to do with the quality of the product!

I find it quite a god price for a full frame camera and if one takes the bundle, one can
save up to $700 - $800 !!!

However, I am concerned/skeptical of some issues in general about the Sony 7a cameras
(Am I right to be concerned/skeptical about it ??):

*Are the controls for the camera already annoying to some people or the fiddling is manageable. (It is not a dSLR) ??

*Is the viewfinder relatively easy to work with autofocus/manual lenses. (It is not a dSLR) ??

Is video as good as in a dSLR ??

*Is the price ok? It normally costs, without a promotion, what a D610/D800 costs, (One can already find a D800 for around $2,400)

*Are their Zeiss ZA lenses for real? I mean the quality! ZF.2 and ZE manual lenses are more expensive than the Zeiss ZA for Sony. And the ZA are even autofocus lenses!

*Are these cameras rugged enough? They may lack the ruggedness of some dSLRs, but are they rugged enough to take them travelling?? Would they withstand the work of a travel photographer, for example. And that may mean dust, moist, and the occasional drop??

*Are they durable? I have a Nikon D50. It has already lasted with me some eight years. I know that a Nikon D610/D800 would last some good six years. Are the Sony cameras meant to last more than four-five years??

*Last, but not least. Would you be ready to have it as your primary camera ??

Thank you, kind regards,

igmolinav : ) !!!

Feb 22, 2014 at 03:56 PM

Previous versions of igmolinav's message #12155674 « Sony A7 & A7R Deal: Save up to $813 with bundle. »