Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of cameron12x's message #12146068 « Yet Another Tamron 150-600 Thread! Interesting Observations -- »

cameron12x
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Yet Another Tamron 150-600 Thread! Interesting Observations --

Thank you, Pixel Perfect, for a great analysis and also for using lp/mm as a metric!

For the 5D2, however, shouldn\'t the resolution instead be: 1/(2*6.4x10^-3) -- you used 6.7 instead of 6.4?

Could we also use an analogy of \"over-sampling\" when comparing a more dense sensor to a less dense one? I\'m just throwing that out there, as I don\'t know.

On the flip-side, what if the lens in question only is capable of ~60 lp/mm resolution? In this use case that would work fine for the 5D2 sensor, but wouldn\'t reach the maximum resolution of the 7D.

Thus, when pixel-peeping or analyzing the lens performance on the crop sensor, the DXO performance metric would be lower than the full-frame sensor?

Feb 18, 2014 at 07:06 AM
cameron12x

Thank you, Pixel Perfect, for a great analysis and also for using lp/mm as a metric!

For the 5D2, however, shouldn\'t the resolution instead be: 1/(2*6.4x10^-3) -- you used 6.7 instead of 6.4?

Could we also use an analogy of \"over-sampling\" when comparing a more dense sensor to a less dense one? I\'m just throwing that out there, as I don\'t know.

On the flip-side, what if the lens in question only is capable of ~60 lp/mm resolution? In this use case that would work fine for the 5D2 sensor, but wouldn\'t reach the maximum resolution of the 7D.

Thus, when pixel-peeping or analyzing the lens performance on the crop sensor, the DXO metric would be lower for the crop sensor?

Feb 18, 2014 at 07:05 AM
cameron12x

On the flip-side, what if the lens in question only is capable of ~60 lp/mm resolution? In this use case that would work fine for the 5D2 sensor, but wouldn\'t reach the maximum resolution of the 7D. Thus, when pixel-peeping or analyzing the lens performance on the crop sensor, the DXO metric would be lower for the crop sensor?

Feb 18, 2014 at 07:05 AM
cameron12x

Feb 18, 2014 at 07:01 AM
cameron12x

Could we also use an analogy of \"over-sampling\" when comparing a more dense sensor to a less dense one?

Feb 18, 2014 at 06:53 AM

Previous versions of cameron12x's message #12146068 « Yet Another Tamron 150-600 Thread! Interesting Observations -- »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.