Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of cameron12x's message #12145045 « Tamron 150-600mm gets DxOmarked! »

cameron12x
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Tamron 150-600mm gets DxOmarked!

johnctharp wrote:
cameron12x wrote:
johnctharp wrote:
I can see their reasoning behind reviewing the lens on the 7D, but the 70D pushes their resolution score to 8MP- that\'s a 33% boost.

Help me understand. Going from 18mp to 20mp is only a pixel density increase of ~11%.

Five years worth of advancements in sensor design, AA filter design, and processing of sensor output? It\'s not the number on the box, it\'s the quality of the files .

Agreed. So, that 8mp number came from an actual 70D DxOmark test result?

And by the way, the JPEG engine output from the 70D is subjectively FAR superior to what I experienced with the 7D.

Feb 17, 2014 at 07:28 PM
cameron12x

johnctharp wrote:
cameron12x wrote:
johnctharp wrote:
I can see their reasoning behind reviewing the lens on the 7D, but the 70D pushes their resolution score to 8MP- that\'s a 33% boost.

Help me understand. Going from 18mp to 20mp is only a pixel density increase of ~11%.

Five years worth of advancements in sensor design, AA filter design, and processing of sensor output? It\'s not the number on the box, it\'s the quality of the files .

Agreed. So, that 8mp number came from an actual 70D DxOmark test result?

Any by the way, the JPEG engine output from the 70D is subjectively FAR superior to what I experienced with the 7D.

Feb 17, 2014 at 07:27 PM
cameron12x

johnctharp wrote:
cameron12x wrote:
johnctharp wrote:

Gotcha. So, that 8mp number came from an actual 70D DxOmark test result?

Any by the way, the JPEG engine output from the 70D is subjectively FAR superior to what I experienced with the 7D.

Feb 17, 2014 at 07:26 PM

Previous versions of cameron12x's message #12145045 « Tamron 150-600mm gets DxOmarked! »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.