Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of zhangyue's message #12127935 « Leica R Series Lenses »

zhangyue
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Leica R Series Lenses

mmacro wrote:
zhangyue wrote:
For this trip, I have to say 80-200 made my day. I almost decide leave it at home before the tip. but for Huangshan mountain, I found wide than 35 not much useful and 55FE is not long enough for most cases. 80-200 zoom range has been so crucial for me that I almost didn\'t use FE55 at all with A7 during that one and half day on mountain.

I acquired the 80-200 less than a week ago and have only used it for a couple hours so far but was a little disappointed with the color it produced (but can clearly see from your picts its great for B&W I\'m curious if you find the color a little lacking as compared to other Leicas. Seemed a little flat/muted by comparison to me, and doesn\'t seem to have the Leica \'wow\' factor I\'ve come to expect, but then again it could have just been the lighting that particular afternoon... thanks, and gorgeous picts!

Compare to 55FE shot I got the same time, I didn\'t notice significant difference. However, there are hot/red spot in the center once stop down. I believe Samuli reported similar problem a while back about it, which echo my finding. so flare/hot spot will be the potential problem. I have to watch out shooting angle many time. A7 is very handy here.

The lens is not famous for color fidelity. But it use significant less element compare to modern Canikon, even not with modern coating, the clarity is there. and I found the lens 80-150 performance is very strong, easily meet my need, even at 200mm, it is more than acceptable to my need.

As for BW, the photos posted so far are from my first day there. there are two reason:
1. I drive 6 hours start earlier morning and get there at around 11 AM, once I was up to the mountain, it is already in very bad/boring lighting time zone: the sky is weird blue with lots of UV haze and tree is brown/ yellowish, a very tough condition for tele lens to make any photo in color interesting.
2. Huangsan is #1 choice for mountains scenery in China, the shape of mountain, all kinds of trees are very suit for BW, which inspired from Chinese brush painting: emphasize the composition, structure than detail.

I haven\'t go through my images yet, hopefully, there are some color ones to show
Overall, I am satisfied with this lens, the zoom flexibility and relative small footprint are important. but I have no difficult to believe 100APO will be better than it

Feb 10, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Previous versions of zhangyue's message #12127935 « Leica R Series Lenses »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.