Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Tariq Gibran's message #12123231 « Official: Pentax 645Z Medium Format priced at $8,499 »

Tariq Gibran
Upload & Sell: On
Re: New Pentax 645D 2014 Medium Format to be announced

uintaangler wrote:
molson wrote:

Production of these lenses ended years ago, but Pentax probably still has a warehouse full of old stock.

Pentax Canada dumped all of their remaining 645 lenses and accessories a few years ago, and a few big stores like Henry's bought all the inventory for pennies on the dollar - only to watch it collect dust.

Are you saying that Henry's purchased the 25mm lens for pennies on the dollar and leaves the price at $5,000 while nobody buys it - does that really make business sense?

He's referring to the older, FA lenses. The 25mm is new and currently in production - made in Vietnam. The current production lenses are the 25, 55 and 90mm Macro as far as I'm aware (all the lenses introduced since the 645D started shipping).

Feb 09, 2014 at 03:34 PM

Previous versions of Tariq Gibran's message #12123231 « Official: Pentax 645Z Medium Format priced at $8,499 »