Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of wiseguy010's message #12116464 « Zeiss 135mm f/2 APO Sonnar T* Review »

wiseguy010
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Zeiss 135mm f/2 APO Sonnar T* Review

alundeb wrote:
wiseguy010 wrote:
If it had 1:1 macro capabilities I would have bought it. But for now I don't see much use for it in my situation.

Out of curiousity, what qualities of the APO-sonnar would you want in 1:1 that other excellent APO-macro lenses cannot give you?

* Best of the best sharpness.
* Great bokeh.
* Real APO.
* Excellent color reproduction.
* Native Nikon mount (I don't want to work with adapters).
* Great build quality.
* No plastics.
* No electronics that can and eventually will fail.
* No IS or VR.
* Great service (Zeiss has excellent service, for Voigtlander f.e. I don't know if they still service the 125/2.5 and about Leica I didn't read that much good about their service).
* It must be a current type (not a type that is out of production).

Well, this is it.

Recently I bought the Nikon 200/4 AFD Micro, because I now don't expect Zeiss to come with a new macro in short notice. While it is not APO, it is exceptionally good corrected with execellent sharpness. Most of the points I mention above are fulfilled with this Nikon. And it was "only" 950 euros (100% like new secondhand sample), while other lenses easily cost the double.

Feb 06, 2014 at 03:38 PM

Previous versions of wiseguy010's message #12116464 « Zeiss 135mm f/2 APO Sonnar T* Review »