Upload & Sell: Off
| Re: Zeiss 135mm f/2 APO Sonnar T* Review |
If it had 1:1 macro capabilities I would have bought it. But for now I don\'t see much use for it in my situation.
Out of curiousity, what qualities of the APO-sonnar would you want in 1:1 that other excellent APO-macro lenses cannot give you?
* Best of the best sharpness.
* Great bokeh.
* Real APO.
* Excellent color reproduction.
* Native Nikon mount (I don\'t want to work with adapters).
* Great build quality.
* No plastics.
* No electronics that can and eventually will fail.
* No IS or VR.
* Great service (Zeiss has excellent service, for Voigtlander f.e. I don\'t know if they still service the 125/2.5 and about Leica I didn\'t read that much good about their service).
* It must be a current type (not a type that is out of production).
Well, this is it.
Recently I bought the Nikon 200/4 AFD Micro, because I now don\'t expect Zeiss to come with a new macro in short notice. While it is not APO, it is exceptionally good corrected with execellent sharpness. Most of the points I mention above are fulfilled with this Nikon. And it was \"only\" 950 euros (100% like new secondhand sample), while other lenses easily cost the double.