Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of uhoh7's message #12069944 « Leica M/X/T Picture Thread »

uhoh7
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

edwardkaraa wrote:
Well, Charlie, as long as your M9 works, enjoy it. It seems Leica ran out of some spare parts including sensors. The latest sensor batch has a problem with the coatings that will delaminate. They have used the bad batch also on ME and MM cameras. My understanding is that they have changed the entire sensor toppings, so those who get new sensors may get different results than before.

I am also quite puzzled by their lack of courtesy. After I've heard only nice things about their customer service, I am shocked by the way they treat me. After it took 6 weeks for my camera to reach Solms, all what they can tell me is that they will replace the sensor as soon as new sensors are in stock. Since that, I have sent 2 emails asking when do they get the new sensors, they just ignore the emails. I imagine the new policy is if you have no good news for the client, keep quiet.

The problem is I have spent 7K on a new camera on which I have evidence it was delaminating already when I bought it, and now after one year of use, it has to be serviced for 4-6 months and they don't even apologize for the inconvenience or offer me any loaner or an upgrade option. So IMHO, just pray your camera won't need servicing

Luckily you have A7 and are shooting great pics I see

The M9 I bought had it's sensor replaced 1 month ago I will worry about it when it fails--more likely I drop the drop camera than I have sensor delam i think. Or I wear out the shutter

Jan 16, 2014 at 06:10 PM

Previous versions of uhoh7's message #12069944 « Leica M/X/T Picture Thread »