Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of JimFox's message #12068416 « The Unexpected Sunset »

JimFox
Upload & Sell: Off
The Unexpected Sunset

This is one of my first shots of the new year from Huntington Beach in Southern California. It was one of those times where it was an unexpected sunset. I was down at the beach to run and checking the webcams before I got there showed no clouds at all, so my intention was that I wouldn\'t shoot the sunset. But like always, I grab a camera to go with just in case. I went light with just the D800 and the 14-24mm with tripod and remote release. I left the rest of the gear at home. Now at the beach as I was on my return loop from running, I noticed that there were clouds that kept building and building. Totally unexpected, but totally exciting!

I rushed back to my Jeep and grabbed my gear and got down to the water just as the sun was setting. My main intention was to work the reflections of the cool cloud formations when this surfer rushed by at just the right time. With processing, I didn\'t push the saturation, that came naturally from the contrast adjustment. And while this might be a bit more vibrant than I might normally process, it seems to work for me.

All comments are welcome,

Jim

Jan 15, 2014 at 08:04 PM

Previous versions of JimFox's message #12068416 « The Unexpected Sunset »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.