Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of philip_pj's message #12049920 « Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless »

philip_pj
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

The zebra is another \'useful to some people\' feature which Sony adds to what they already do. The video shooters apparently like it. I find most of what stripes up is specular and since it likely runs off the in-camera jpeg settings and can get in the way of exposure setting, it\'s the histo for me plus Adobe recovery on (very) rare occasion.

The quality of the new 55mm FE reminded me that it is effectively an RX2 if you want to pair it exclusively with an a7.

Same sensor, same ergo, basic controls and body shape/size, can be a \'one lens only\' for dust abatement, top of tree IQ, versatile broad spectrum lens of virtually same speed (portraits > landscape), same lens design approach (do everything well), similar AF and focus aids and EVF, even similar price.

Neither are system cameras (\'yet\' for a7), neither lens can be used on non-Sony cameras, these two are very interchangeable in usage, can use the same bag, same filter size. Focal lengths are highly complementary.

Optionally, get an a7r rather than a7 for turbo performance, the lens is up for it (as would be the RX1 Sonnar, next model maybe). I wonder what stop down ring works as a \'hood\' for the FE55.

The system camera complaint is such a furphy. Does this \'fault\' invalidate RX1 output in any way? Of course not.

Jan 07, 2014 at 03:57 PM

Previous versions of philip_pj's message #12049920 « Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.