Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of StarNut's message #12030777 « Travel Weight Restrictions »

StarNut
Upload & Sell: On
Travel Weight Restrictions

Hi,

My wife and I are going on a bucket-list trip to Machu Picchu and the Galapagos Islands in a few months.

We are each limited to 15 pounds of carry-on luggage.

I am asking for advice, but I would most appreciate advice based on my preferences, not on yours. For instance, I love my 24-105, and rarely use my 16-35. If you prefer the opposite for general use, that's fine, but please don't try to convince me that the 16-35 should be my general-purpose lens, cuz it won't be helpful.

In my ideal world, I would like to take the following of my equipment:

Canon 5D Mark III
Canon 16-35 f/2.8L II (good for night photography and wide angles at Machu Picchu)
Canon 24-105 f/4L (great all-purpose lens; if I could bring only one lens, this would be it)
Canon 70-200 f/2.8L (for the many times we'll be off-shore at the Galapagos)
Sony RX100 II
Canon 2xIII

My wife probably can help make it work (she's a gem).

I would be grateful for any help people can offer, based either on personal experience (what lenses do people use? How to maximize the carry-on?).

I do have a photographer's vest, and am willing to carry on a lens or two that way, if that works.

I also would be willing to consider renting a lens (like the 28-300) if that would make sense.

Thanks.

Mark

Dec 29, 2013 at 08:33 PM

Previous versions of StarNut's message #12030777 « Travel Weight Restrictions »