Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Scott Stoness's message #12015673 « Bow River (First good light with my A7r) Banff »

Scott Stoness
Upload & Sell: On
Bow River (First good light with my A7r) Banff

helenica: I am still on the fence for a7r for landscape. Excessive curtain vibration, need for adapter, weak battery performance... Still not sure that it was a good $4000 (lens, adapter, battery, body) experiment. But failing useful in landscape, it might be good for hiking if they make a uwa lens within the year since the rangerfinder uwa do not work. Glad you like 2. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

lookoutscout: Glad you like 1. It was the first picture I took when I arrived. I thought it was the throw-away shot. But then I liked it after looking at it. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

ben egbert: Glad you like the series. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Gary Clennan: The small size does not do you any good except for hiking because uwa rangefinder lens do not work and a big lens on a tiny body is not small. That said, my 15/2.8, 25/2.0 and TS17 and TS24 work fine -just not small. I think you would only notice the difference if I did not take 3 AEB shots for all and blend and if you blew up big. I have seen more detail but not at this size and not a lot (20% of so is not a lot of gain based on squared relationship). Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Dec 21, 2013 at 03:08 AM
Scott Stoness

helenica: I am still on the fence for a7r for landscape. Excessive curtain vibration, need for adapter, weak battery performance... Still not sure that it was a good $4000 (lens, adapter, battery, body) experiment. But failing useful in landscape, it might be good for hiking if they make a uwa lens within the year since the rangerfinder uwa do not work. Glad you like 2. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

lookoutscout: Glad you like 1. It was the first picture I took when I arrived. I thought it was the throw-away shot. But then I liked it after looking at it. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

ben egbert: Glad you like the series. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Gary Clennan: The small size does not do you any good except for hiking because uwa rangefinder lens do not work and a big lens on a tiny body is not small. That said, my 15/2.8, 25/2.0 and TS17 and TS24 work fine -just not small. I think you would only notice the difference if I did not take 3 AEB shots for all and blend and if you blew up big. I have seen more detail but not at this size and not a lot (20% of so is not a lot of gain based on squared relationship). Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Dec 21, 2013 at 03:07 AM
Scott Stoness

Dec 21, 2013 at 03:00 AM

Previous versions of Scott Stoness's message #12015673 « Bow River (First good light with my A7r) Banff »