Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of SGallant's message #11973499 « True Romance »

SGallant
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: True Romance

I like the photos, and I am sure the happy couple would appreciate them. The first one is my favorite, I find it cute and playful.

Really sorry for the below OP.

Andre Labonte wrote:
Watsonphoto wrote:
In response to some of the messages posted in this thread. I support other causes such as Canadian National Institute for the Blind, glaucoma research and also donate towards hospices for the terminally ill. I look very carefully at a charity before I invest time and money. I was asked if I wanted to participate in the photo shoot for PFLAG. Their goal is to provide support services for the parents of lesbian and gay youth and also to provide services for the youth themselves.

A lot of gay and lesbian youth have a very difficult time when they come out and parents also have a very difficult time. Ask your self one question. Do I want counselling support services to be available knowing that the outcome will be better. Or the alternative can often be suicide and discrimination towards teens, Do we want to live in a more progressive society or do we want to live in Russia where discrimination is the law.

Hi Peter,

You bring up some great points. I in fact support laws to protect people of other sexual orientations and certainly agree with the use of counseling. My one and only issue with the \"gay movement\" is \"gay marriage\" as such a concept infringes on religious freedom ... but for that matter, even before the \"gay marriage\" issue I have issues with government being involved with marriage as it invariably infringes on religious freedom (ask a polygamist ... which I also do not support, but will defend) and does not treat fairly relationships that are not marriages, such as siblings creating a household.

What I propose would expand rights and freedom to many more individuals than just homosexuals while preserving religious freedom.

Best Regards,
Andre

Andre, really you should learn to keep your mouth shut like Jim said. No reason to take a photography post and turn it into something else because you don\'t agree with the content. Of course the OP will say nice things about the organization he worked with as part of the background. It\'s called the right thing to do. Trying to build your case to respond off of that is just pathetic.

Your choice of words for comparison are vile and very telling. And using the BS religious freedom crap is just that, its crap. Gay marriage is about equal rights in the eyes of the government and has nothing to do with religion. Saying you will defend polygamy while attacking gay marriage is again very telling. I would be curious how friendly your gay friends would be if they really knew how you thought about them. Whether you follow him or not, you should go take a page from the new pope and realize you have no right to judge anyone but yourself, and tolerance is something you need to learn.

And for the love of God, stop hiding behind religious freedom to spew your hate for something that offends you, its sadly obvious. Please show Fred and everyone else that is part of this community a little respect and just stop responding to this thread. If you want to argue your case please go find a non-photography forum to do it.

Lisa_Holloway wrote:
charlesk wrote:
Andre Labonte wrote:
Worthwhile to some ... a terrible slight to truth How sad to see people celebrate that which disordered.

The truth is that you are a real piece of work. And I\'m straining to remain civil here.

And that goes for the people who \"liked\" your discourteous post as well. I will certainly never look at Lisa\'s photos the same way ever again.

We are all entitled to our opinions. I am all for live and let live, but do not believe that churches should be forced to recognize something which inherently goes against their core beliefs. That is all, am now backing out of this one.

Gay marriage, and getting married in your church are two completely separate discussion points. As for we are all entitled to our opinions, In another forum I would agree with you. However, in the people photography forum on FM. No, it\'s simply not the place.

Dec 02, 2013 at 11:12 AM
SGallant
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: True Romance

I like the photos, and I am sure the happy couple would appreciate them. The first one is my favorite, I find it cute and playful.

Really sorry for the below OP.

Andre Labonte wrote:
Watsonphoto wrote:
In response to some of the messages posted in this thread. I support other causes such as Canadian National Institute for the Blind, glaucoma research and also donate towards hospices for the terminally ill. I look very carefully at a charity before I invest time and money. I was asked if I wanted to participate in the photo shoot for PFLAG. Their goal is to provide support services for the parents of lesbian and gay youth and also to provide services for the youth themselves.

A lot of gay and lesbian youth have a very difficult time when they come out and parents also have a very difficult time. Ask your self one question. Do I want counselling support services to be available knowing that the outcome will be better. Or the alternative can often be suicide and discrimination towards teens, Do we want to live in a more progressive society or do we want to live in Russia where discrimination is the law.

Hi Peter,

You bring up some great points. I in fact support laws to protect people of other sexual orientations and certainly agree with the use of counseling. My one and only issue with the \"gay movement\" is \"gay marriage\" as such a concept infringes on religious freedom ... but for that matter, even before the \"gay marriage\" issue I have issues with government being involved with marriage as it invariably infringes on religious freedom (ask a polygamist ... which I also do not support, but will defend) and does not treat fairly relationships that are not marriages, such as siblings creating a household.

What I propose would expand rights and freedom to many more individuals than just homosexuals while preserving religious freedom.

Best Regards,
Andre

Andre, really you should learn to keep your mouth shut like Jim said. No reason to take a photography post and turn it into something else because you don\'t agree with the content. Of course the OP will say nice things about the organization he worked with as part of the background. It\'s called the right thing to do. Trying to build your case to respond off of that is just pathetic.

Your choice of words for comparison are vile and very telling. And using the BS religious freedom crap is just that, its crap. Gay marriage is about equal rights in the eyes of the government and has nothing to do with religion. Saying you will defend polygamy while attacking gay marriage is again very telling. I would be curious how friendly your gay friends would be if they really knew how you thought about them. Whether you follow him or not, you should go take a page from the new pope and realize you have no right to judge anyone but yourself, and tolerance is something you need to learn. And stop hiding behind religious freedom to spew your hate for something that offends you, its sadly obvious.

Please show Fred and everyone else that is part of this community a little respect and just stop responding to this thread. If you want to argue your case please go find a non-photography forum to do it.

Lisa_Holloway wrote:
charlesk wrote:
Andre Labonte wrote:
Worthwhile to some ... a terrible slight to truth How sad to see people celebrate that which disordered.

The truth is that you are a real piece of work. And I\'m straining to remain civil here.

And that goes for the people who \"liked\" your discourteous post as well. I will certainly never look at Lisa\'s photos the same way ever again.

We are all entitled to our opinions. I am all for live and let live, but do not believe that churches should be forced to recognize something which inherently goes against their core beliefs. That is all, am now backing out of this one.

Gay marriage, and getting married in your church are two completely separate discussion points. As for we are all entitled to our opinions, In another forum I would agree with you. However, in the people photography forum on FM. No, it\'s simply not the place.

Dec 02, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Previous versions of SGallant's message #11973499 « True Romance »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.