Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of naturephoto1's message #11963708 « Sony A7 Camera Kit is now in stock at B&H Photo! »

naturephoto1
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Sony A7 Camera Kit is now in stock at B&H Photo!

Luvwine wrote:
I just called B&H and was told they were not optimistic that I would get my A7r by the end of the year. They said that the first day they accepted orders was October 16, that they only had received a small quantity and that they were still shipping only to the orders placed on October 16. My order was not placed till November 5.....

I tried calling Precision Camera in Austin, Tx and they told me they had shipped some and that if I paid in full, I would move ahead of those who did not pay in full and that they had a short list and were receiving stock "every day". I paid in full with the right to cancel and have them refund my cc. They then said it looked like I was second on the list and they were optimistic I would be shipped the camera in the next week. I will keep both orders for now and see as I don't know how reliable the info I received is from either store. However, given the degree of interest, I thought I would share what I was told for what it is worth.....

I called B&H this morning at 9:00 AM and unless the Customer Service rep was incorrect he indicated that they had no more A7r cameras. He indicated that they had already exhausted the first order they had received. I had Pre-ordered mine at about noon over the phone on October 16. The rep went on to say that they were expecting another shipment anytime. But, he could not tell me where my order was on the list.

I placed an order with B&H for the Novoflex ASTAT-NEX rotating collar, Sony remote wired controller, and a Sony e-mount/NEX lens cap yesterday; it was shipped today. But, when my A7r will be shipped and will arrive, I really have no idea.

Rich

Nov 27, 2013 at 07:00 PM

Previous versions of naturephoto1's message #11963708 « Sony A7 Camera Kit is now in stock at B&H Photo! »